Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: number of cpu's
Operating Systems Solaris number of cpu's Post 302076078 by csaunders on Thursday 8th of June 2006 03:04:47 PM
Old 06-08-2006
number of cpu's

How can I tell how many cpu's are on a solaris 9 sunfire?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPU Part Number from the command line (Solaris 8)

How Could I get the CPU Part Number from the Solaris command prompt? (Solaris 8 E4500 Server) Thanks in advance. Hugo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugo_perez
2 Replies

2. Solaris

CPU Usage to Number of CPUs - relationship

I have an E15K running at 60% CPU usage on 16 CPUs. I need to get rid of 6 CPUs, which is 38%. Does that mean my CPU usage will go up to 98%? I suspect the relationship between CPU numbers and usage is a bit more complicated. Can anyone give me any guidance on this please? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: disturbed_uk
0 Replies

3. Solaris

[help] how to get serial number of cpu or other hardware

hi experts, hi all, need help, how to get serial number of cpu or other hardware using command? does anybody know using what syntax? thank you wu (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display just CPU run queue number (Nothing Else)

Im using the vmstat command to display the CPU run queue, but i want to put that into a program so is there a way to just display the number under the r? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Number of CPU

Hi Experts, with the help of which command we can see the Number of cpu in a solaris solaris5.10.Also how we know the total disk & free disk space size in this system. Kind regards ---------- Post updated at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:25 PM ---------- Command... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafiassam
10 Replies

6. Red Hat

Number of CPU in linux server

I am using linux server.. how do i see number of CPU's in the server? TOP command is not providing result.. Any help is highly appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Number of CPU in LINUX server

I want to find number of CPU and number NIC card in Linux server. I have below content in /proc/cpuinfo. I have from processor 0 - 15. It means, i have 15 similar entries in that file. How many CPU we have on this server? also how do find how many NIC card on this? processor : 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to find number of CPU in system

$ uname -a HP-UX chd007d B.11.23 U 9000/800 3154283600 unlimited-user license Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of CPU'S in UNIX box

Hi, How to find number of CPU'S in unix box. And usage of the total no of CPU'S. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam1226
7 Replies

10. AIX

Number of CPU & Number of Core

root:/> # lscfg -vp|grep -c -E 'proc.*Processor' 8 root:/> # lscfg -vpl sysplanar0 | grep -i way 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : I have this output and need to know how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)