Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Urgent....untar!!!
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Urgent....untar!!! Post 302076032 by reborg on Thursday 8th of June 2006 09:56:10 AM
Old 06-08-2006
since you have acces to both machines, why not do it the simplest way?

what creating the tar file, go to the directory you want to tar and make a relative path archinve, then when you untar it it will extract in the CWD.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

untar to a specified file

I have file1.tar and want to untar it under /server/file2. If I do tar -xvf file1.tar, the files will be deployed under file1. How to specify the destination folder?? thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

untar

i have try to untar the file in same location. But it gave the error # tar -xvf TSMSRVAIX5220.tar x tivoli.tsm.devices.acsls, 757760 bytes, 1480 media blocks. tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 4011 not equal to 8222. How can i rectify this prob. Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash96453
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Untar problems

Hi, I am new to unix scripting. I have written a java program which will initialize a sftp connection and copy a unix script from my machine to a remote server. Then i initalized an ssh connection and i executed the script. This script contains a sequnece of commands and one of them is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothg
2 Replies

4. AIX

untar

Hi, How can i untar a set of files in to different directory. This is content tar -tvf samba.tar drwxrwxrwx 0 0 0 Nov 28 18:35:41 2008 samba/ -rw-r--r-- 0 0 0 Nov 18 15:12:40 2008 samba/b.txt -rw-r--r-- 0 0 0 Nov 18 15:12:40 2008 samba/c.txt -rw-r--r-- 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: allwin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp, chown, untar

hello i want shell script. i have a source.txt /home/user409/public_html/test/ /home/user09876/public_html/xdsss/ /home/user9765/public_html/320xxx/ . . . maybe 1000 lines i want . 1.read a source.txt 2.untar special.tar.gz into these directory in source.txt 3.i want to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to untar file

Hello Experts, I have requirement in which a file is present in the folder_test. In that folder there is file called Test.tar.gz.20111102. Now my requirement is i have to rename this file to someother format and untar it.... folder_test Test.tar.gz.20111102 I am using the below... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to Untar

Hello, bash-2.05# tar -xvf sunos.tar tar: directory checksum error bash-2.05# file sunos.tar sunos.tar: data bash-2.05# Can someone please help me untar this. This is a Solaris 9 box. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigi_p5
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to untar the below file?

I need to extract the below file. could you please let me know how to extract by using unix command. manfucture.today.1678.tar.gz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
GLCULLFACE(3G)															    GLCULLFACE(3G)

NAME
glCullFace - specify whether front- or back-facing facets can be culled C SPECIFICATION
void glCullFace( GLenum mode ) PARAMETERS
mode Specifies whether front- or back-facing facets are candidates for culling. Symbolic constants GL_FRONT, GL_BACK, and GL_FRONT_AND_BACK are accepted. The initial value is GL_BACK. DESCRIPTION
glCullFace specifies whether front- or back-facing facets are culled (as specified by mode) when facet culling is enabled. Facet culling is initially disabled. To enable and disable facet culling, call the glEnable and glDisable commands with the argument GL_CULL_FACE. Facets include triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, and rectangles. glFrontFace specifies which of the clockwise and counterclockwise facets are front-facing and back-facing. See glFrontFace. NOTES
If mode is GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, no facets are drawn, but other primitives such as points and lines are drawn. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if mode is not an accepted value. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glCullFace is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glIsEnabled with argument GL_CULL_FACE glGet with argument GL_CULL_FACE_MODE SEE ALSO
glEnable, glFrontFace GLCULLFACE(3G)