Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Creating a shell script to check filesystem space Post 302075941 by heprox on Wednesday 7th of June 2006 04:52:49 PM
Old 06-07-2006
Question

When I run the command:

Code:
df -k $mount_point | grep % | awk {'print $5'} | sed 's/%//g'

...assuming I assign the value of "/tmp" to "$mount_point" I get:

Code:
x-4-1-test# df -k /tmp | grep % | awk {'print $5'} | sed 's/%//g'
Iused

...its returning a value (although it contains the "Iused" as well? I get the exact same result when I run the command:

Code:
df -k /tmp | grep % | awk '{print $5}' | sed 's/%//g'

...so I dont think the problem is in the qoutes? The problem I think exists in the expression when AIX interprets the "expr" line:

Code:
expr 100 - $used_space`%.\n

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to mount filesystem

Hi, Gurus: I need your help to finish a script that will mount two file systems automatically when saver is reboot or start. I am working on a new Sun Sparc machine with Solaris 9 on it. This box got two disk. disk one has been partitioned to hold Solaris OS. disk two has been partitioned as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent:FileSystem Check Script

This script monitors a FileSystem named /Monthly and send a page; works great but I need to monitor /Daily/All ....Im getting Syntax Error MSG=`df -Ik|awk '$6~/Monthly$/{gsub("%"," "); if ($5>20){print "FS:Monthly filesystem is "$5"%"}}'` if then echo $MSG | mail 2149724690@mobilecomm.net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Openware
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help - disk space check script

I have a disk space check script that uses an exceptions file, the only issue with the script is that it does not work with values higher than the FSMAX=85 value. I have a file system that is at 92% and it doesn't change, so I would like to add it to the exceptions file. The exceptions file format... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddhadder71
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to check free disk space

hello, I have to check the free space on the disk that would work both on Windows and Unix platform e.g on C: \ for Windows and / on Unix. I could use Unix command 'df ' ( my windows system has Unix emulator cygwin and could run 'df ' as well). But I'd like not to rely on system command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check top 5 biggest disk space users

Hi all, I am needing a bash shell script to generate a list of the top 5 users using the most disk space. I am thinking that the du command would be used somehow but I am at a loss. Can anyone help? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sytemx
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystem alert shell script not working!!

Hi All, My below shell script is not capturing %used value in the filesystem alert in the subject of the mail alert: #!/bin/bash export DBALIST="abc@xyz.com" df -k /oradata/xyz/archive > dfk.result archive_capacity=`awk -F" " '{ print $5 }' dfk.result|grep -i %| cut -c 1-4` if ] then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for Server Mount Point space check

Does anybody have anything I can use to help me out with this one? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbone007
4 Replies

9. Solaris

archive logs mount point space check script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystem alert shell script not working!!

Hi All, My below shell script is not capturing %used value in the filesystem alert in the subject of the mail alert: Code: #!/bin/bash export DBALIST="abc@xyz.com" df -k /oradata/xyz/archive > dfk.result archive_capacity=`awk -F" " '{ print $5 }' dfk.result|grep -i %| cut -c 1-4` if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harveyclayton
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)