Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 1st install Suse, network config set up Post 302075735 by Nick7269 on Tuesday 6th of June 2006 01:47:57 PM
Old 06-06-2006
1st install Suse, network config set up

Hello, I'm a newbie to unix. I just about have the Suse 10.1 installed. During set up it automatically detected components to access the internet. But failed. I lost now.
Any ideas?
Thank You

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Suse Linux 8.1?

Can anyone tell me how to install Suse Linux 8.1? :( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micheal
6 Replies

2. SuSE

PhPMyAdmin basic set up on SUSE linux 9.1

Hey, I was wondering if anybody could help me setup my PhpMyAdmin on my SUSE linux 9.1 machine. I want to use it to access MySQL server instead of the defualt MySQLCC-Console Manager. I have not tried yet but i have done a such and it's installed in one of the folders. I would like to point... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybella1
15 Replies

3. Solaris

network config problem - how to set the server for others to ssh without password

Hi, I want to ssh the linux server without inputting the password, how can I config this server? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
1 Replies

4. SuSE

Best Repository for SUSE 10.1 install?

I've made a few attempts at an OpenSuse10.1 clean install using a boot.iso and network repository install dir. I've succesfully done a few network installs before and know what I'm doing with the procedure, however I seem to be getting problems with the connection to the remote repository. It's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

How to set CoreDump in SuSE 10

Hi All, Am trying to modify the coreDump value in SuSE 10 by doing the following steps : 1. Add the line "ulimit -Sc 1004" to /etc/profile 2. Relogin using telnet and try the command "ulimit -c". The value is 1004 3. Now relogin using xbrowser the ulimit value is not reflected. OS :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Laksmi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set up Telnet on Suse?

I am trying to use telnet to access a linux box. I know I should be using SSH (which I use personally), but i have to use telnet. How do I configure the linux box to accept the telnet request. I am using Suse Thanks for any help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
11 Replies

7. SuSE

Novell/SuSE network

If my laptop is running OpenSuSE and i connect it to a Novell/SuSE network, would i be able to log on or not? do i still need the novell client and is there a novell client for a linux distro? any info would be welcome. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bcbotha
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Install Suse from RedHat

Hi, There are two systems: (1) HP server under RedHat Linux with CD drive. (2) Notebook under Windows Vista with DVD drive. Now I want to install Suse Linux on the HP server, but the installation media is a DVD. How can I do it? Thank you much in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSHD config in Suse

Hi there I was wondering, is there anyway I can change the appearance of sshd logs output in /var/log/sshderr.log and /var/log/sshd.log. Right now, its showing as such: sshd: error: PAM: Authentication failure for it.sysadm from cijXXX.jp.mitsubishi-motors.com sshd: Accepted... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
10 Replies
Linux::Distribution(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Linux::Distribution(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution - Perl extension to detect on which Linux distribution we are running. SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); if(my $distro = distribution_name) { my $version = distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } Or else do it OO: use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); my $linux = Linux::Distribution->new; if(my $distro = $linux->distribution_name()) { my $version = $linux->distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that tries to guess on what linux distribution we are running by looking for release's files in /etc. It now looks for 'lsb-release' first as that should be the most correct and adds ubuntu support. Secondly, it will look for the distro specific files. It currently recognizes slackware, debian, suse, fedora, redhat, turbolinux, yellowdog, knoppix, mandrake, conectiva, immunix, tinysofa, va-linux, trustix, adamantix, yoper, arch-linux, libranet, gentoo, ubuntu, scientific, oracle enterprise linux and redflag. It has function to get the version for debian, suse, fedora, redhat, gentoo, slackware, scientific, oracle enterprise linux, redflag and ubuntu(lsb). People running unsupported distro's are greatly encouraged to submit patches :-) EXPORT None by default. TODO
Add the capability of recognize the version of the distribution for all recognized distributions. AUTHORS
Alexandr Ciornii <alexchorny@gmail.com>, <http://chorny.net> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 Linux::Distribution(3pm)