Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Account creation Sudo enabled Post 302075698 by grial on Tuesday 6th of June 2006 10:35:48 AM
Old 06-06-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilves
Hi, how to create account with the following

be cron enabled
For this you should add the username into cron.allow whichever it is (depending on your OS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilves
only accessible via sudo
Mmmm... assuming that this user is locked (you cannot login with him/her, just like a system user), you should add sth like this to your /etc/sudoers

your_user ALL=NOPASSWD:su - the_user

Regards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Account creation trouble

I created an account a while back, but never received any confirmation, so I could never get the full access... :( I logged back in today, but I'd forgotten what I'd used for username... anyway, I entered my email address and it said that I would receive my login information, which I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaghan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account creation date

Hi All, Is there a simple and obvious way to see when an account was created.An account has come to my attention in /etc/passwd and a last on it shows having never logged in and the home directory looks to be a couple of years old. Just wondering if I'm over looking anything obvious. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hayez
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user account creation date

hi, i tried searching the forum for a thread about this, but came up empty handed. is there a way to pull a list of all user accounts, with the associated creation date? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilweezy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find creation time of an account?

Hi all, I want to know the time when a perticular user is created, atleat in which year it is created. Could any one help me in this issue. Thanks in advance. Regards, M.Sukumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sukumar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript to Sudo other account

Hi, I have to write a shell script to sudo other account. Foreg, i am working in account ramdev1, i have a sudo access where through shell script i need to sudo another account ramdev2 and read a file "ram.inc" get those data and save it in a .txt file and return it? Since i am new to... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.tendulka
21 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in passing passwd to login into a sudo account

Hi Gurus, I have small issue... I used to pass the passwd for sudo commands like below, gzcat ~/passwd.gz | sudo su - <villin> >> eof ------ ----- ------ eof And it was able to login into "villin" sudo account successfully. But now, I'm using the same in another script for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Mass account creation

By the company winning business from another outsource provider, I've suddenly inherited towards 300 servers and all accounts are local. One of the immediate tasks is to set up all the OS, DB, and app support staff on all of the servers operating systems. I've slapped together a crude script... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for user account Creation

Hi Folks, I had a request to create the user request. Between, I just write a script a create, Update Geos, and update the password. My script as below: The error message, what I am getting is all the users are updated with the same Goes value.. #!/bin/bash for i in `cat users.txt`;do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies
cron(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  cron(1M)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
cron starts a process that executes commands at specified dates and times. You can specify regularly scheduled commands to cron according to instructions found in crontab files in the directory /var/spool/cron/crontabs. Users can submit their own crontab file using the crontab(1) command. Commands which are to be executed only once can be submitted using the at(1) command. cron only examines crontab or at command files during its own process initialization phase and when the crontab or at command is run. This reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. As cron never exits, it should be executed only once. This is done routinely by way of the svc:/system/cron:default service. The file /etc/cron.d/FIFO file is used as a lock file to prevent the execution of more than one instance of cron. cron captures the output of the job's stdout and stderr streams, and, if it is not empty, mails the output to the user. If the job does not produce output, no mail is sent to the user. An exception is if the job is an at(1) job and the -m option was specified when the job was submitted. cron and at jobs are not executed if your account is locked. Jobs and processses execute. The shadow(4) file defines which accounts are not locked and will have their jobs and processes executed. Setting cron Jobs Across Timezones The timezone of the cron daemon sets the system-wide timezone for cron entries. This, in turn, is by set by default system-wide using /etc/default/init. If some form of daylight savings or summer/winter time is in effect, then jobs scheduled during the switchover period could be executed once, twice, or not at all. Setting cron Defaults To keep a log of all actions taken by cron, you must specify CRONLOG=YES in the /etc/default/cron file. If you specify CRONLOG=NO, no log- ging is done. Keeping the log is a user configurable option since cron usually creates huge log files. You can specify the PATH for user cron jobs by using PATH= in /etc/default/cron. You can set the PATH for root cron jobs using SUPATH= in /etc/default/cron. Carefully consider the security implications of setting PATH and SUPATH. Example /etc/default/cron file: CRONLOG=YES PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb: This example enables logging and sets the default PATH used by non-root jobs to /usr/bin:/usr/ucb:. Root jobs continue to use /usr/sbin:/usr/bin. The cron log file is periodically rotated by logadm(1M). FILES
/etc/cron.d Main cron directory /etc/cron.d/FIFO Lock file /etc/default/cron cron default settings file /var/cron/log cron history information /var/spool/cron Spool area /etc/cron.d/queuedefs Queue description file for at, batch, and cron /etc/logadm.conf Configuration file for logadm ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), at(1), crontab(1), sh(1), logadm(1M), svcadm(1M), queuedefs(4), shadow(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The cron service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/cron:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. DIAGNOSTICS
A history of all actions taken by cron is stored in /var/cron/log and possibly in /var/cron/olog. SunOS 5.10 5 Aug 2004 cron(1M)