Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trying to lose XP & Install Suse 10.1 Post 302075674 by Nick7269 on Tuesday 6th of June 2006 08:45:09 AM
Old 06-06-2006
Trying to lose XP & Install Suse 10.1

Hello, I bought a second pc to install Suse 10.1 on. It came with Xp pro installed on it. I downloaded Suse 10.1, burned 5 CD's, changed bios to boot from the cdrom, restart the pc & Xp loads.

Any suggestions?

Thank You

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SuSE install on a Packard Bell m415

hi everybody, I just installed Suse on an old Packard Bell. When the install was at detecting my moden, it hung. I couldn't free it sooooo, I pressed ctrl+alt+backspace. Yup that killed the process alright. The machine went right down and upon reboot it is now at the KDE welcome page. Here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joetech
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Suse Linux 8.1?

Can anyone tell me how to install Suse Linux 8.1? :( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micheal
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PHP & Apache & MySQL install how-to ?

how do i install php & mysql with apache on suse linux ??? apache was installed and configured when i installed linux. all its files are in different folders. e.g http files in usr/local/httpd/htdocs/ and its configs are in etc/httpd/ so how do i install php and get it to work with apache and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
4 Replies

4. SuSE

Errors while trying to install software on SuSE 9.2 Pro

First off I try to install XTheater on SuSE 9.2 Pro I run the ./configure command and this is what I get chris@linux:~/Desktop/Xtheater-0.9.2> ./configure loading cache ./config.cache checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
25 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use route command on SuSE & Cygwin

If I'm at a wireless cafe running SuSE and I want to read my mail but the wireless cafe blocks port 25 for smtp but I have a VPN connection to my home machine, how do I use the "route" command. If I'm at home on my windows machine and have a VPN connection to another network, can I use the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

6. SuSE

Best Repository for SUSE 10.1 install?

I've made a few attempts at an OpenSuse10.1 clean install using a boot.iso and network repository install dir. I've succesfully done a few network installs before and know what I'm doing with the procedure, however I seem to be getting problems with the connection to the remote repository. It's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1st install Suse, network config set up

Hello, I'm a newbie to unix. I just about have the Suse 10.1 installed. During set up it automatically detected components to access the internet. But failed. I lost now. Any ideas? Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick7269
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Install Suse from RedHat

Hi, There are two systems: (1) HP server under RedHat Linux with CD drive. (2) Notebook under Windows Vista with DVD drive. Now I want to install Suse Linux on the HP server, but the installation media is a DVD. How can I do it? Thank you much in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use yast2 to install software in SUSE?

Hi I ssh to a remote server which is running in SUSE. And I want to install apache2.0 there. Then I used yast2 to install it. But after installing it, I go to the terminal and type" apache -version" to check if apache is installed there. And it said "-bash: apache: command not found" I don't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexCheung
0 Replies

10. Fedora

Install memcached on Suse 11 SP2

hi guys I am trying to install this extension for php named memcached but I am not really able to do it PECL :: Package :: memcached I have Suse 11 SP2 installed without any registration (I mean installed not paying subscription) so my question is there a way to install it like in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies
MKLNIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MKLNIM(1)

NAME
mklnim - make Linux Netinstall Image SYNOPSIS
mklnim outputfile [path-to-cdrom] DESCRIPTION
mklnim is a shell script that takes a SuSE, TurboLinux or a RedHat CDROM, or equivalent disk directory, and creates a network bootable image (NBI) that can be used with Etherboot (http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/) or Netboot (http://www.han.de/~gero/netboot.html). This NBI, when booted via the network, will make the target computer behave just as if a CDROM boot (TurboLinux), or a floppy boot (RedHat and SuSE) had been selected. A conventional install can be done from this point onwards. There are several occasions when this technique is useful: 1. It can be used to quickly boot a target computer when the floppy loading is very slow. 2. In the case of TurboLinux, it loads the CDROM initial ramdisk which does not require any further floppy loading. In the case of RedHat, it only loads the floppy initial ramdisk which does not contain the material in the supplementary floppy, and may require more floppy insertion. 3. It can start the install from a floppy of any size, not just 1.4 MB, or even from a floppyless machine, if one has a boot ROM (providing no further floppy access is required). 4. It could be used as part of an automatic installation process. Naturally, all this assumes that the infrastructure for diskless booting (bootp and tftp servers) has been set up. BUGS
If supplementary floppies are required, this script doesn't include that material in the network boot image. Please feel welcome to fix this problem. SEE ALSO
Etherboot tutorial at http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
mklnim is under the GNU Public License AUTHOR
Ken Yap (ken_yap@users.sourceforge.net) DATE
Version 0.4 April 2000 25 April 2000 MKLNIM(1)