Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users unix shell scripts for running on solaris Post 302075672 by srini_ibmadmin on Tuesday 6th of June 2006 08:26:10 AM
Old 06-06-2006
unix shell scripts for running on solaris

am new to programmming

any body suggest , how to execute, shell script interactively
and like stream line edit

Last edited by srini_ibmadmin; 06-08-2006 at 03:15 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron running shell scripts.

What are the rules of calling shell scripts in cron. How do I go about setting up the correct PATHS that calls a script, which then calls another sub script all of which has to retain the orginal PATHS and VARS that I've set up in first script Confused.. ok Well Cron calls a script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfoxwell
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running shell scripts on a remote server

Hi - I am running Mac OS X (Terminal) at my current workstation, and I would like to telnet to my local server to run a shell script. The local server is a Solaris machine (don't know the version or the type of Unix being run on it, sorry.) The problem I have is that when I create a #!/bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepintheshort
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running vendor shell scripts

Does anyone run a lot of SH (shell script) commands from vendors. i.e... product installations. And do you edit/change as a rule of thumb? I done a lot of product installs and some tend to think we should edit/change a vendors SH script. I am just looking for your thoughts. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Javagate
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scripts no longer running (solaris 8)

hello: I am a somewhat experienced unix user, but brand new to this forum. I am encountering a strange new problem. I have a shell script called foo.ksh it has been running for years (literally) on my Sun (Solaris 8) machine. Recently we put a version of samba on this machine to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcadoo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running SQL Scripts from Shell script - Need insight!

I've a script that fetches various values from the database as below: #! /bin/ksh $conn="user/pwd@service_name" `sqlplus -s << $conn EOF1 @xyz.sql @pqr.sql @abc.sql EOF1` The output of the script should generate txt files containing the results from queries which are further... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell scripts from web browser

I am in need of a mechanism to run shell scripts from web browser. Could any one of you guide me as to which technology to choose? I have some scripts which take some arguments. Appreciate you response. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: corleone
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the unix scripts currently running

I have a Unix box abcd, where I have script1, script2 and script3 running. I have to write a 4th script script4 which would check my box(abcd) and kill all running scripts. How can I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sibasish
3 Replies

8. Programming

running PLSQL scripts through shell script

I am running the following ealth checks on my server there are two databases in my server . MODEL1 and MODEL2 i connect with the first database as sqlplus model1/password Then i exceute a query select x from table (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic running of Shell scripts

Hi, I have this problem of merging 2 shell scripts and run it one after the other. For eg: script A runs to give OutputA. This OutputA should become the input of script B which will run to give OuputB. Now this has to happen automatically i.e, script A and script B should run consecutively one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vindhyaauri
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell scripts from command

I have written a few shellscripts to run a videogame (starcraft) at different patched versions. For example bw113 runs the 1.13 version of the game. These works perfectly when I run them from command line (./bw113). However I cannot get it to work via mouseclick. Some Information: - I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordsloth
5 Replies
shell(1F)							   FMLI Commands							 shell(1F)

NAME
shell - run a command using shell SYNOPSIS
shell command [command] ... DESCRIPTION
The shell function concatenate its arguments, separating each by a space, and passes this string to the shell ($SHELL if set, otherwise /usr/bin/sh). EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample output of shell command. Since the Form and Menu Language does not directly support background processing, the shell function can be used instead. `shell "build prog > /dev/null &"` If you want the user to continue to be able to interact with the application while the background job is running, the output of an exe- cutable run by shell in the background must be redirected: to a file if you want to save the output, or to /dev/null if you don't want to save it (or if there is no output), otherwise your application may appear to be hung until the background job finishes processing. shell can also be used to execute a command that has the same name as an FMLI built-in function. NOTES
The arguments to shell will be concatenate using spaces, which may or may not do what is expected. The variables set in local environments will not be expanded by the shell because "local" means "local to the current process." ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 shell(1F)