Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trying to shut down and start a Windows process Post 302075617 by vivsiv on Monday 5th of June 2006 08:39:32 PM
Old 06-05-2006
Question Trying to shut down and start a Windows process

Hi ,
Good day people. I want to know if i can shut down a particular service that runs in windows from solaris through a script .

Scenario : we have a distributed environment where we want to shut down a service that runs under windows through a shell script in solaris , is this kinda action possible.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Start Up and Shut down

I've never been on a Unix machine so please be easy on me!!! I need to create a step by step process for the Unix start up and shut down process. Thanks for any help in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaughney
3 Replies

2. Programming

get process start time

Hi all, I like to know how can I get currenlty running process start time and date , I know only porcess id in solaris and hp-ux and what is command to get same using ps with switch. Thanks Naeem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naeem ahmad
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start a process.. from a different host ...

Hi ! I want to start and stop a process... on different machines(HOSTS) example : I have machine1..machine2..machine3 And I have a NFS file system. (Wlsuite/myfile/) I'm writing a script that will start processes in machine1.... machine2.... Preferably.. I dont want to log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - How to automatically start another process when the previous process ends?

Hi all, I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this: 1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently. 2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cant start httpd process

httpd status is stopped.cant start it again by : /etc/init.d/httpd restart or /etc/init.d/httpd/start help needed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

7. Solaris

To Shut down the server. Do the Maintainance and Start Up the server

Hello All I just want to know how to Shut Down the Solaris Machines( Servers ) for Maintainance and then Start Up the Machines ( Servers ) . I think I will have to Log In as root to do that . Also how do i Check if all the services running on that server before shut down are running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
6 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

The ps command - process showing up even after application is shut down

Hi all, I'm very new to unix, I'm developing an application in Java, part of which requires me to check if a certain application is still running. In windows, I just use tasklist - if the application has been shut down it won't appear in the task list. I've been trying to use the ps command to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekatmcg
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process Scheduling where to start

Hello, i'm absolutely new to the whole Operating Systems thing. I am pretty much level 0. My assignment is to "simulate the execution of a stream of processes by a computer system, one CPU, many terminals 12 disk drives, 30 public mailboxes. The professor runs a series of inputs which is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JaneSkylar
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)