Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting can I save list of files in memory and not in text file? Post 302075549 by Klashxx on Monday 5th of June 2006 04:27:57 AM
Old 06-05-2006
There are many ways to do that job:

For ex , you can use an array var.
To fill the array:
Code:
i=0
ls|while read file
do
   arr[i]=$file
   (( i += 1 ))
done

To show it:
Code:
a=0
while [ a -le i ]
do
echo ${arr[$a]}
(( a += 1 ))
done

Bye

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data fetched from text file and save in a csv file

Hi i have wriiten a script which fetches the data from text file, and saves in the output in a text file itself, but i want that the output should save in different columns. I have the output like: For Channel:response_time__24.txt 1547 data points 0.339 0.299 0.448 0.581 7.380 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitkalia
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List moved files in text file

Hi. I am actually doing all of this on OSX, but using unix apps and script. I have built my own transparent rsync/open directory/mobility/etc set of scripts for the firm I work at, and it is all almost complete except for ONE THING. I have the classic problem with rsync where if a user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashtefere
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Text file input data and save it.

Hi Guys, I have blank file A.txt I will run the script xyz.sh First i want to open a.txt file... Now i will enter some data like XYZ ABC PQR .. Save it and keep continue my script.... END of my script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

4. Programming

Extract text from file and save as individual file

Dear All I am using the following shell script to extract the columns from the file. for filename in *.rpt do awk -F"\t" ' BEGIN {OFS="|"} FNR > 0 {print $1,$2,$3,$5,FILENAME} ' $filename >> output.txt done However, the script works fine. Instead of saving the single... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala06
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save result to a text file

Currently I have a perl code to combine two different files. #! /usr/bin/perl -w use strict; open FP1,"A.txt"; open FP2,"B.txt"; my ($l1,$l2); while(1) { $l1=<FP1>; chomp $l1; $l2=<FP2>; chomp $l2; last unless(defined $l1 or defined $l2); print "$l1 $l2\n"; } close FP2;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file name from a text file and save it in a variable

i have a text file consists of different file names like: line 1: lib/libIMb.so message broker file line 2: lil/imbdfg.lil message broker file i need to extract libIMb.so and imbdfg.lil files from those lines and save them in a variable. so that i can search for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simpler way to do this (save a list of files based on part of their name)

Hello, I have a script that checks every file with a specific extension in a specific directory. The file names contain some numerical output and I am recording the file names with the best n outcomes. The script finds all files in the directory with the extension .out.txt and uses awk to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save the 'nmon' output to a text file with a script?

Hi all, I want to do an Unix Script to save the 'nmon' output on a text file and I don't know how to do it. I need a Script for each monitoring and also one to multiple monitorings. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javi1990
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use text of one file to save in another

I am trying to use the text of one file as a text file name with and the text of another as the contents of that text file. Is this possible? Thank you :). For example, in the two files attached, target.txt has: 1.txt 2.txt and out_parse.txt has: 13 20763642 20763642 C G... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
COLLATOR_SORT_WITH_SORT_KEYS(3) 					 1					   COLLATOR_SORT_WITH_SORT_KEYS(3)

Collator::sortWithSortKeys - Sort array using specified collator and sort keys

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool Collator::sortWithSortKeys (array &$arr) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool collator_sort_with_sort_keys (Collator $coll, array &$arr) Similar to collator_sort(3) but uses ICU sorting keys produced by ucol_getSortKey() to gain more speed on large arrays. PARAMETERS
o $coll -Collator object. o $arr -Array of strings to sort RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 collator_sort_with_sort_keys(3) example <?php $arr = array( 'Kopfe', 'Kypper', 'Kopfe' ); $coll = collator_create( 'sv' ); collator_sort_with_sort_keys( $coll, $arr ); var_export( $arr ); ?> The above example will output: array ( 0 => 'Kopfe', 1 => 'Kypper', 2 => 'Kopfe', ) SEE ALSO
Collator constants, collator_sort(3), collator_asort(3). PHP Documentation Group COLLATOR_SORT_WITH_SORT_KEYS(3)