Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk - input function
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - input function Post 302075377 by Klashxx on Friday 2nd of June 2006 08:37:06 AM
Old 06-02-2006
Ex:
Code:
function getName (NOM)
{
printf "Enter a filename: "
getline NOM < "/dev/tty"
close("/dev/tty")
return NOM
}

BEGIN {
printf ("\nREP: %s\n",getName(N)) 
} 
{print}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

conversion of a input function to i18n

m using unix c with curses im trying out the conversion of an existing code in c to i18n for the japanese language. the problem is that, the input which is given as the japanese characters is not taken correctly. and what it outputs is question marks(i.e. ???), equivalent to the number o f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirnay_s
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split function input and output order

Dear Forum I'm Trying to use split function to split a string, but the output is not as the same order as of the string, please see simple example echo " " | nawk -v var="First;Second;Third;Fourth" ' BEGIN {split(var, arr,";") for(i in arr){print arr }}' The output is Second Third... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

function from shell input

Hi all i have the command called printer which needs a usernmae for example i would run the commnad printer <username> how can i write i quick script in perl that if the username is ab then write "denined" and if it is anything else it will work thanks Adam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

function terminating if i give input as space or no input and enter

HI i have written a script to ask input from the user. this script should promote the user for y/n input. if user enters anyother input then y/n the script promotes him again. this below code is working fine for all the cases. except for space and enter " if i give space and enter it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKARREDDY006
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apply a function twice successively with the same input in awk program

Hi ! It is a general question. When an awk script looks like: #! bin/awk function example(i){ <body> } { example(1) #the function uses input_1 and return output_a } { example(2) #the function uses previous output_a as an input and returns... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
15 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Function to Check if string input from user is alphabetic only

Good Evening. I'm new to C. Can you please help me. I'm creating an error checking function, user will input a string, this will check if the input is all alphabet or all letters only. If there is a digit or other special char, it will print Error then ask input from user again. Here's my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eracav
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Input To Function

May i please know why is it printing the script name for $0 when i pass those parameters to function. #!/bin/bash -x usage() { echo "In Usage Function" echo $0 echo $1 echo $2 } echo "printing first time" echo $0 echo $1 echo $2 usage $0 $1 $2 Output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User input and run awk using the input

I am trying to allow a user to enter in text and then store that text in a variable $gene to run in an awk command in which those values are used to run some calculations. I am getting syntax errors however, when I try. Thank you :). The awk runs great if it is a pre-defined file that is used,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Oracle function as file input to sqlplus

Apologies if this is the incorrect forum.There is an issue in the function call I am facing while calling the same from a unix shell scripts. Basically, I want the ref cursor to return values to a variable in sqlpus. The function call is currently saved in a ".txt" file in a unix location. I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvip
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
XtSetKeyboardFocus()													      XtSetKeyboardFocus()

Name
  XtSetKeyboardFocus - redirect keyboard input to a widget.

Synopsis
  void XtSetKeyboardFocus(subtree descendant)
	 Widget subtree, descendant;

Inputs
  subtree   Specifies  the  widget to be considered the root of the subtree for which the keyboard focus is to be set.	Must be of class Core
	    or any subclass thereof.

descendant
	    Specifies a normal (non-popup) descendant of subtree to which keyboard events are to be redirected, or None.   May	be  of	class
	    Object or any subclass thereof.

Description
  XtSetKeyboardFocus() causes XtDispatchEvent() to remap keyboard events that occur within the widget hierarchy rooted at subtree and to dis-
  patch them to descendant.  If descendant is not a subclass of Core, it is replaced by its closest  windowed  ancestor.   If  descendant  is
  None, keyboard events within subtree will be dispatched normally.

When subtree or one of its descendants acquires the X keyboard focus, or the pointer moves into the subtree such that keyboard events would
  now be delivered to subtree, a FocusIn event is generated for descendant if FocusChange events have been  selected  by  descendant.	Simi-
  larly, when subtree loses the X keyboard focus or the keyboard focus for one of its ancestors, a FocusOut event is generated for descendant
  if FocusChange events have been selected by descendant.

For more details on how events are dispatched after a call to XtSetKeyboardFocus(), see XtDispatchEvent().

Usage
  XtSetKeyboardFocus() does not call the Xlib function XSetInputFocus(); it simply causes the Intrinsics to dispatch events differently.  For
  most applications, this approach is preferred over the more heavy-handed Xlib function.

Example
  If  a  dialog  box  contains a Label widget, some Button widgets, and a single Text widget for input, it is good style to allow the user to
  enter text into the dialog when the mouse is anywhere over the dialog, not only when the mouse is over the Text widget itself.  This can be
  arranged with code like the following:

Widget shell, box, text, prompt, ok_button, cancel_button;

XtPopup(shell, XtGrabExclusive);
     XtSetKeyboardFocus(box, text);

After  this  call  to  XtSetKeyboardFocus(), whenever the dialog box gets the X input focus (for example, when the mouse moves into it) all
  keyboard events will be redirected at the text widget.

See Also
  XtAddGrab(1), XtDispatchEvent(1).

Xt - Keyboard Handling													      XtSetKeyboardFocus()