Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cc option
Top Forums Programming cc option Post 302075137 by kuldeep_bora on Wednesday 31st of May 2006 01:44:53 AM
Old 05-31-2006
cc option

my yacc output file y.tab.c is not compiling using cc y.tab.c -ly command
.possibily option flag -ly is not correct.i m using red hat linux 9.please give solutions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

-h option

Hi what does the following mean in shell scripts (-h option) val contains a string. while (-h "$val") (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raom
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su option

We have started to us the su option on our production server. We log in with our own id and then su into a special id to perform various tasks. This allows our actions to be monitored. I need to know how to use the su option when doing an ftp between two servers. I noticed that when I log into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp - no to all option?

Hi, Is there a no to all option when copying a bunch of files? instead of pressing enter endlessly. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: td_kuoj3
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

which is best searching option

Hi, I need one help for choosing best option among sed, perl and awk. I need to search and replace thousand files for a text and need to replace it. I am in confusion for choosing the option for best results. Because by using sed option its taking too much time for searching and replacing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

6. Programming

g++ and the -R option

hi everybody, can somebody tell me what -R option on g++ on solaris means : g++ -DAIX -fpic -static -o printps printps.o -L/epost2/blitz/xercesc1_1 /lib -L/oracle/OraHome/lib32/ L/epost2/blitz/lib -lxerces-c1_1 -lhmltods -lhmlt ops -lgeneric -lnotify -lutil -lclntsh `cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can there be a better option?

Hello, I am still in the process of learning Shell Programming. The online manual, that I am referring to had following question: I made a script as follows: df --block-size=1GB | tr -s ' '| cut -d' ' -f2,5 | grep -v 1GB* | sort -k1,2n | tail -1 | cut -d' ' -f2 | cut -d '%' -f1 and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahdharmit
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

-f option and -rf in rm

Hi, I'm new to shell scripting and I'm trying to read some code I need to use. Could you help me out on what it's doing? I read this as.... if the directory has files then rm all the files in that directory. I'm not sure.... if ; then run "rm -rf ${TSP_FILEPATH_PLUGIN_DIR}"; fi run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32'

Hi, I installed some packages required by an app built with python. But when I try python setup.py install, I get the following error: /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/5.2.0/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Could anyone tell me what's wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimkun
4 Replies
BISON(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BISON(1)

NAME
bison - GNU Project parser generator (yacc replacement) SYNOPSIS
bison [ -b file-prefix ] [ --file-prefix=file-prefix ] [ -d ] [ --defines ] [ -l ] [ --no-lines ] [ -o outfile ] [ --output-file=outfile ] [ -p prefix ] [ --name-prefix=prefix ] [ -t ] [ --debug ] [ -v ] [ --verbose ] [ -V ] [ --version ] [ -y ] [ --yacc ] [ --fixed-output- files ] file DESCRIPTION
Bison is a parser generator in the style of yacc(1). It should be upwardly compatible with input files designed for yacc. Input files should follow the yacc convention of ending in .y. Unlike yacc, the generated files do not have fixed names, but instead use the prefix of the input file. For instance, a grammar description file named parse.y would produce the generated parser in a file named parse.tab.c, instead of yacc's y.tab.c. This description of the options that can be given to bison is adapted from the node Invocation in the bison.texinfo manual, which should be taken as authoritative. Bison supports both traditional single-letter options and mnemonic long option names. Long option names are indicated with -- instead of -. Abbreviations for option names are allowed as long as they are unique. When a long option takes an argument, like --file-prefix, con- nect the option name and the argument with =. OPTIONS -b file-prefix --file-prefix=file-prefix Specify a prefix to use for all bison output file names. The names are chosen as if the input file were named file-prefix.c. -d --defines Write an extra output file containing macro definitions for the token type names defined in the grammar and the semantic value type YYSTYPE, as well as a few extern variable declarations. If the parser output file is named name.c then this file is named name.h. This output file is essential if you wish to put the definition of yylex in a separate source file, because yylex needs to be able to refer to token type codes and the variable yylval. -l --no-lines Don't put any #line preprocessor commands in the parser file. Ordinarily bison puts them in the parser file so that the C compiler and debuggers will associate errors with your source file, the grammar file. This option causes them to associate errors with the parser file, treating it an independent source file in its own right. -o outfile --output-file=outfile Specify the name outfile for the parser file. The other output files' names are constructed from outfile as described under the -v and -d switches. -p prefix --name-prefix=prefix Rename the external symbols used in the parser so that they start with prefix instead of yy. The precise list of symbols renamed is yyparse, yylex, yyerror, yylval, yychar, and yydebug. For example, if you use -p c, the names become cparse, clex, and so on. -t --debug Output a definition of the macro YYDEBUG into the parser file, so that the debugging facilities are compiled. -v --verbose Write an extra output file containing verbose descriptions of the parser states and what is done for each type of look-ahead token in that state. This file also describes all the conflicts, both those resolved by operator precedence and the unresolved ones. The file's name is made by removing .tab.c or .c from the parser output file name, and adding .output instead. Therefore, if the input file is foo.y, then the parser file is called foo.tab.c by default. As a consequence, the verbose output file is called foo.output. -V --version Print the version number of bison. -y --yacc --fixed-output-files Equivalent to -o y.tab.c; the parser output file is called y.tab.c, and the other outputs are called y.output and y.tab.h. The pur- pose of this switch is to imitate yacc's output file name conventions. Thus, the following shell script can substitute for yacc: bison -y $* The long-named options can be introduced with `+' as well as `--', for compatibility with previous releases. Eventually support for `+' will be removed, because it is incompatible with the POSIX.2 standard. FILES
/usr/local/lib/bison.simple simple parser /usr/local/lib/bison.hairy complicated parser SEE ALSO
yacc(1) The Bison Reference Manual, included as the file bison.texinfo in the bison source distribution. DIAGNOSTICS
Self explanatory. local BISON(1)