Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX question about telnet to HP unix 11 Post 302075098 by zetadhell on Tuesday 30th of May 2006 11:19:26 AM
Old 05-30-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
There is no way to do that using the standard HP telnetd program. If you write your own telnetd this probably could be done. But why do you care?
It was because when I use telnet connet to HP-UNIX 11, I can't use a program call MFG/Pro due to the above reason.

However, how to write our own telnetd?? Is there any information about this can get me?? I just a newbie about unix.. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix Commands for Telnet

Hi I am new to unix. I have a question: what are all the unix commands that I have to do for telnet for my site www.supremexbox.com. My server is www.your-site.com. Please help me. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sorcerer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet question

Does anyone know a way to log into a telnet server with username and password all with one command? I have to do this remotely. I can do this with FTP with the following command under windows: ftp -s:c:\dir\test2.txt 10.0.0.207 The "-s:filename" option is just a list of commands that occurs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet in UNIX

I would like to know if there exist any diference between the telnet in UNIX and Windows. the probles is when I try to connect through a socket to a server running unix i don't receive a response. Connecting with the same source code to a windows server I receive response (the initial message and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ferreat
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet timout question

ok here is a little bit on what I am trying to do. I am logged into a saolaris 9 server and telnet to another server to run an application that sits on the second unix / linux server. This application can sit idle for an hour to two and any given time. During this time the telnet session timesout... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acleoma
4 Replies

5. Solaris

TELNET Question

Hello All, I have a question. I have two V480 systems that can telnet to other systems on our network, but lo cannot receive a telnet from other systems. I've check the usual .rhosts, env and several other files such as the telnetrc files with no luck. I've tried all avenues before issuing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr-synapse
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet question

How do I get back to Unix prompt while telneting to a router w/out exit from the telnet session? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oppiz
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Question about telnet?

Hi everyone. I am newb at solaris i have 2 question 1. i am finding a way to prevent separate users to telnet similar like /etc/ftpd/ftpusers in Solaris system I know a way to disable user ftp by force user shell=/bin/false 2. or any program can do a chroot telnet user like proftpd :D ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Expect script question

Hi all, I have written a small expect script which should spawn a telnet session login and execute some commands. #!/usr/bin/expect -f spawn telnet $env(IP) match_max 100000 expect "login:" send -- "******\n" expect -exact "Password:" send -- "****\n" expect "%" Now I have got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet in unix

Dear Sir, I have got 2 systems A. Compaq Prolient 400 Unix Server - IP address 192.168.0.10 (450 Mhz speed & 512 MB RAM) Old B. HCL 2700HLN Unix Server - IP address 192.168.0.2 (73 GB X 4 - Raid HD & 4 GB RAM with 2 LAN Broadcom BCM5721 ) - New Both systems are loaded with Unix 5.0.5 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatacoffee
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

telnet window size question

Hello! I'm writing a small telnet client using Erlang and the gen_tcp library. I receive IAC WILL ECHO and IAC WILL SUPPRESS_GO_AHEAD which I respond to. Then I receive various text output from the server, and then this: resize: unknown character, exiting. I'm curious as to why I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gustav
1 Replies
telnetd(8c)															       telnetd(8c)

Name
       telnetd - DARPA TELNET protocol server

Syntax
       /etc/telnetd

Description
       The  server  supports the DARPA standard TELNET virtual terminal protocol.  The TELNET server is invoked when receives a connection request
       on the port indicated in the TELNET service description.

The server operates by allocating a pseudo-terminal device for a client, then creating a login process which has  the  slave  side  of  the
       pseudo-terminal	as stdin, stdout, and stderr.  The server manipulates the master side of the pseudo terminal, implementing the TELNET pro-
       tocol and passing characters between the client and login process.

When a TELNET session is started up, sends a TELNET option to the client side indicating a willingness to do remote echo of characters,	to
       suppress  go  ahead, and to receive terminal type information from the remote client.  If the remote client is willing, the remote terminal
       type is propagated in the environment of the created login process.  The pseudo terminal allocated to the client is configured  to  operate
       in cooked mode and with XTABS and CRMOD enabled.

Aside  from  this  initial  setup, the only mode changes will carry out are those required for echoing characters at the client side of the
       connection.

The server supports binary mode, suppress go ahead, echo, and timing mark.  It also allows a remote client to do binary, terminal type, and
       suppress go ahead.

Restrictions
       Some TELNET commands are only partially implemented.

The TELNET protocol allows the exchange of the number of lines and columns on the user's terminal, but does not make use of them.

The terminal type name received from the remote client is converted to lower case.

The server never sends TELNET go ahead commands.

See Also
       telnet(1c), pty(4), tty(4), services(5), inetd(8c)

telnetd(8c)