Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sco unix v/386 boot disk
Operating Systems SCO sco unix v/386 boot disk Post 302075028 by 789 on Monday 29th of May 2006 08:02:38 PM
Old 05-29-2006
Network

anyone know where I can download or get a boot disk for sco unix v/386? I have an old PC running sco unix v/386 3.2. I dont have an install or boot disk. I need to reset the root password. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find it anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

You may download it from here :
http://www.yamaguchy.netfirms.com/warez/scounix42.zip

Lately my site received visits from here so I add this to the post: this copy of SCOunix_4.2 was sold with a Compaq server. After boot it asks for a number which I do not have (nice IT guy did not throw that in the garbage)

But, enjoy my abandoned ware page:
http://www.yamaguchy.netfirms.com/wa...are_index.html

Last edited by 789; 07-05-2007 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: added comment a year later

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unix V/386 Help

I'm new in this.. I want to install SCO Unix in a Intel 166Mhz with 1GB HDD. I have the fowllowing disks with labels: -1 disk of SCO Unix System v/386 Operation system Installation. -2 disks of SCO Unix System v/386 Operation system (extended Utilities) -6 disks of SCO Unix System v/386... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix V/386

where can i get a boot diskette for my old SCO UNIX V/386 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LEO P. CAPARAS
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIX System V/386, Release 3.2

I was just wondering if there is a way to recursive grep for something in this version of UNIX... so that I don't have to do it a directory at a time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during Sco Unix boot

Hi friends, i am getting the following error while booting my system which has SCo UNIX . ========================= H iinit PANIC: srmountfun-Error 22 mounting of rootdev hd(1/42) cannot dump 40863 pages to dempdev hd(1/41) : Space for only 0 pages. Dump not completed. safe to power off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

5. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.0 boot / root disk

Hi, I have an openserver 5.0.0 machine in the office. The sysad of that machine left years ago without leaving the password to anyone. I was wondering if someone has a copy of the boot / root diskettes (rescue) for this version? Or perhaps if anyone knows a download link / location in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

6. SCO

Sco unix v/386 3.2 problem boot and install

Hi i have a problem after boot with N1 disk and putting N2 disk and pressing the enter in this message:Insert N2(filesystem) floppy and press after by this(pressing enter) the system is reboot!! why??? :confused: my old pc is a Pentium II 333mhz 3gb hd 64mb ram please help!! :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panos_pit
3 Replies

7. SCO

SCO UNIX Won't Boot

Our system is not booting up properly. It keeps going to this screen: Enter Run Level (0-6, s or S): I tried to hit all nos# 0-6 is just goes to hung state. Tried s or S & it brings me to single user mode. I've checked the file systems & found out that all three had 98%. I tried to... (86 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedimaster
86 Replies

8. SCO

SCO System V/386 R3.2 V4.0 disk B2 needed

Hi to all! I'm new here. Recently I bought an Olivetti M400/10 with SCO System V/386 R3.2 V4.0 installed, complete with all disks and manuals. Checking the distribution disks however I found that disk labeled B2 was unreadable. Does anyone have an image of this disk? I wish to do a clean... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisechip
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies

10. SCO

Sco UNIX 5.0.6 not boot

hi i have image SCo Unix 5.0.6 and I want transfer on my HP ML350 G5 after Transfer show this message : boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot this hp server used smart array E200i and P400 and sco not recognized HDD tanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moein.mojtaba
7 Replies
LWP-DOWNLOAD(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
lwp-download - Fetch large files from the web SYNOPSIS
lwp-download [-a] [-s] <url> [<local path>] DESCRIPTION
The lwp-download program will save the file at url to a local file. If local path is not specified, then the current directory is assumed. If local path is a directory, then the last segment of the path of the url is appended to form a local filename. If the url path ends with slash the name "index" is used. With the -s option pick up the last segment of the filename from server provided sources like the Content- Disposition header or any redirect URLs. A file extension to match the server reported Content-Type might also be appended. If a file with the produced filename already exists, then lwp-download will prompt before it overwrites and will fail if its standard input is not a terminal. This form of invocation will also fail is no acceptable filename can be derived from the sources mentioned above. If local path is not a directory, then it is simply used as the path to save into. If the file already exists it's overwritten. The lwp-download program is implemented using the libwww-perl library. It is better suited to down load big files than the lwp-request program because it does not store the file in memory. Another benefit is that it will keep you updated about its progress and that you don't have much options to worry about. Use the "-a" option to save the file in text (ascii) mode. Might make a difference on dosish systems. EXAMPLE
Fetch the newest and greatest perl version: $ lwp-download http://www.perl.com/CPAN/src/latest.tar.gz Saving to 'latest.tar.gz'... 11.4 MB received in 8 seconds (1.43 MB/sec) AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.18.2 2012-01-13 LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)