Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compiling idl file on unix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users compiling idl file on unix Post 302074984 by rochitsharma on Monday 29th of May 2006 07:25:06 AM
Old 05-29-2006
compiling idl file on unix

hi
i need to compile idl files to convert them to classes, on Unix platform. Please tell me how to compile these files & which commands are to be used for this purpose.
Thanks & Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling scripts written in Unix

I would like to convert some Unix scripts into machine language. I dont know how to programe in C. Is there any software out there that I can use to convert these Unix scripts into machine language. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coburn
1 Replies

2. Programming

compiling c program in unix

if somebody can help me pls. i need the source code for a shell which compiles C or java programs in unix i need a very short and simple one, just the compiling part Respect (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlatan005
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

WHERE statement similar to IDL

Is there a Unix command similar to the WHERE command in IDL. Such a command would return all location numbers of an array where the value at those locations satisfy specified conditions. For example, if I have a random vector vector=(3 5 6 9) how can I find the location numbers in ${vector}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
6 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Parsing info from a text file into an IDL procedure

Hi, I hope this is appropriate for this forum. I have a text file (test.txt) that contains information that I would like to parse into an IDL procedure. Each line of the text file is either a number or a string, which will be a variable in my IDL procedure. Therefore I want to read each line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

5. Programming

Problem compiling c file on unix

HI, I have a proc installation. On running the following 3 commands, I successfully get 3 C files. proc char_map=string util.pc proc char_map=string FDRFeedMain.pc proc char_map=string NonMons.pc This gives me util.c FDRFeedMain.c NonMons.c Now when i try to compile the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: allah_waris45
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files into IDL directories

Ok so ive downloaded two files, and i need to save them into a directory that can be read in IDL. Can someone please remind me how to do this, like post the code that i need please? Many thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benji.
0 Replies

7. Programming

Compiling Pro*C program under unix

Hello, I am trying to compile a Pro*C program under unix: proc iname=test.pc works fine but then I am not able to compile the test.c file : gcc test.c -o test.o -L $ORACLE_HOME/lib -l clntsh /usr/bin/ld: Object file format error in: /u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0.2.0/lib:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsmrmd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling tools for unix machine using C

Hello everyone i have a script written in C and i need to compile it in a unix machine i am a first time programmer and i do not know how to compile this and also i need to save the results in a table please help we normally use instructions like build_bb -f but now im confused i dnt knw hw to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeVGuL
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling error in UNIX

Hi, I'm trying to compile the code for a program and I run into the following error, ncfile.h: In constructor ‘ncfile::NcAttribute<T>::NcAttribute(const std::string&, const char*)': ncfile.h:357: error: there are no arguments to ‘strlen' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstephens
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling UNIX System V

I tried to install UNIX system v R4, but the sources i've found(archive.org and WinWorldPC) are incomplete (missing cc, for example). Since archive.org has the source files i thought i could compile it and upload it for other users, but i cant get it to work. Any advice? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parodper
10 Replies
NET-COMPILE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    NET-COMPILE(8)

NAME
netscript-compile - netscript ipfilter-defs compile back end. SYNOPSIS
netcript-compile [ -fhq ] [ -b max-backup-level ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the netscript-compile command from the netscript router/firewall network configuration package. This command is the back end to the netscript compile command documented in netscript(8) manpage. See ipfilter-defs(5) for the details on the definitions files in /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs. By default it checks to see if the relevant files in the /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs directory have been updated by comparing their modi- fication times to that of /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs.conf, and if updating is needed, it recompiles and re-creates the file. Up to max- backup-levels of history are kept of previously compiled /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs.conf files, with a numeric extention in order of increasing age. OPTIONS
-b max-backup-level Sets the maximum level of backups kept of previously compiled files. This defaults to 2 (see /etc/netscript/netscript-com- pile.conf), and it is also used by the netscript(8) compile command. -f Force compile even though compile file is up to date with definitions. The testing depends on the modification times of the defini- tion file inodes in the file system. -h Show a summary of options. -q Quiet compile. This option suppresses informational progress messages. FILES
/etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs.conf, /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs-compiled.conf, /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs directory. SEE ALSO
ipfilter-defs(5), netscript(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
I wrote this manpage when I was not half asleep... March 25, 2003 NET-COMPILE(8)