Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filezilla Setup
Special Forums IP Networking Filezilla Setup Post 302074950 by tayyabq8 on Monday 29th of May 2006 12:55:57 AM
Old 05-29-2006
Its very simple. Install FileZilla server at your machine with a private IP address and from the router forward port 21 to that private IP address, but you need to have a static IP address assigned to your netgear router by ISP, do u have? if not, use Dyanamic DNS service, if your netgear router supports it. I hope it helps.

Regards,
Tayyab

Last edited by tayyabq8; 05-29-2006 at 02:30 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

setup all right ?

Hi there im new to linux. I installed mandrake linux and set up all my networkcard ip address etc. when i do "route" or "ifconfig" all addresses etc. are allright but i cant ping other machines in my network also the machine with linux on it cant be pinged if i ping a machine from linux i always... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhoenixHawk
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is your setup ??

Am looking installing Red Hat 7.2 on an AMD-K6/2 PC and after realising that I can't use my space 80G HD due to BIOS restrictions (have resorted to using a 20G HD), was wondering what setup others use. If "Other" please indicate. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup X connection

I am running on a linux in my company's main site. Sometimes I need to access to a server in another site and run some x-applications. I tried to SSH to that server, but had difficulty setting up the correct DISPLAY variable. I used "who" to list the users and got something like:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjohn
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Printer Setup

How do you add a HP network printer on a Sun Solaris Unix box? I have the IP address of the printer. I try using the admintool tool, but am confusing about setup the printer to connect to the IP address... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racquetbal
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What Setup?

Hopefully this post won't be too long :rolleyes: I've been in data processing for a number of years running on a windows system, and working with perl and MySQL to get the job done. I'm now part of a team who have bought a company and have been asked to investigate how we setup a new Data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kraythorne
3 Replies

6. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

7. Solaris

While copying files from windows to Solaris5.8 with filezilla length of the filename changed

Hello I am copying a tar from windows7 to Solaris with filezilla i could see, some characters in the name of the file get deleted. I could see only substring of the filename eg: original filename :abcdefghijklmnopqrstu.h i can see like abcdefghijklm solution to this problem is highly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revathi R
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Printer Setup

Hi, I have set up an HP printer, model 2300, on an Integrity server sunning on HP-Ux B.11.31 using the Jetdirect Printer Installer For Unix, version E.10.34. This particular printer is printing the same job multiple times and I cannot figur out why that is. Is ther perhaps a flag in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koketso
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need help to setup Spacewalk

Hello, I am working onto setup a spacewalk as our centralized repository and kickstart server for our all centos servers. We have almost 60-70 servers running inhouse which all are on CentOS 5 or 6 x64. I am able to setup a spacewalk server on CentOS 6.5 x64 and able to access the console as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
5 Replies
RDS-PING(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       RDS-PING(1)

NAME
rds-ping -- test reachability of remote node over RDS SYNOPSIS
rds-ping [-c count] [-i interval] [-I local_addr] remote_addr DESCRIPTION
rds-ping is used to test whether a remote node is reachable over RDS. Its interface is designed to operate pretty much the standard ping(8) utility, even though the way it works is pretty different. rds-ping opens several RDS sockets and sends packets to port 0 on the indicated host. This is a special port number to which no socket is bound; instead, the kernel processes incoming packets and responds to them. OPTIONS
The following options are available for use on the command line: -c count Causes rds-ping to exit after sending (and receiving) the specified number of packets. -I address By default, rds-ping will pick the local source address for the RDS socket based on routing information for the destination address (i.e. if packets to the given destination would be routed through interface ib0, then it will use the IP address of ib0 as source address). Using the -I option, you can override this choice. -i timeout By default, rds-ping will wait for one second between sending packets. Use this option to specified a different interval. The timeout value is given in seconds, and can be a floating point number. Optionally, append msec or usec to specify a timeout in milliseconds or microseconds, respectively. Specifying a timeout considerably smaller than the packet round-trip time will produce unexpected results. AUTHORS
rds-ping was written by Olaf Kirch <olaf.kirch@oracle.com>. SEE ALSO
rds(7), rds-info(1), rds-stress(1). BSD
Apr 22, 2008 BSD