Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to find serial number
Operating Systems AIX how to find serial number Post 302074849 by sprellari on Friday 26th of May 2006 10:00:29 AM
Old 05-26-2006
Use du.....

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

serial number for E3500

just wanted to know the serial number of my machine E3500 with Solaris 8 installed.Does any one who what's the command that i can use when the OS is running?( not with the Banner Command!) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tape Serial Number

Hello Experts, I've got a shell script that makes the backup of the files that i want. I also have this script showing the amount of files backed up and in witch folders they are. It's only missing one thing. I got all the information beeing stored in a text file and all i've got to do is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Display Serial Number

Hello, I am running Solaris 9 and I need to display the serial number of my machine. How can I do this? Here is my machine info: SunOS birch 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Thank you, David (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Serial number

Hi Solarizer ;) I have face the difficulties of gathering information about the serial number of sun machine. i think its can do so easy while the machine is just one or two. But i have to administrate hundreds of sun machine. Any body knows how to gather this information by the command ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpx99
4 Replies

5. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to Find Drive serial Number under raidctl?

I have boot disk mirrored using hardware raid i.e raidctl command. If I want to place an order for a spare drive and keep it at our location for spare, how do I find the disk specification since #format does not reveal this. The server is T2000 running Solaris 10. Any help please. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
5 Replies

7. AIX

Find serial number of storage enclosure?

System: PowerPC_POWER6 OS: AIX 5.x I was told that a disk (hdisk 10) is bad. How can I find "the serial # of the storage enclosure" from command line? How do I find which disk is on which enclosure? Thank you in advance! :) ---------- Post updated at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous update... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help about bind serial number

Hello folks. Please let me understand the bind serial number. I am confuse. 13011321 ---------- Post updated at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:55 AM ---------- Thanks problem is solved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies
snfetch,v0.3.8(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 snfetch,v0.3.8(8)

NAME
snfetch - fetch articles. SYNOPSIS
snfetch [-r] [-t timeout] [-c depth] group [serial [max]] DESCRIPTION
snfetch expects to read NNTP from file descriptor 6, and write NNTP to file descriptor 7, which descriptors must have already been open. Articles retrieved are written to descriptor 1. Each article displayed is separated from the next by a dot on a line by itself. These articles are NNTP safe, in the sense that double-dot unquoting is not done, and all lines end in CR-LF. snfetch expects to begin it's NNTP speech by giving the GROUP command. The upstream server's greeting must have already been read some other way. Likewise, when snfetch is done, it will not send a QUIT command. The output is suitable for feeding to snstore. snfetch always checks the article ID of the prospective article before retrieving it. If the ID already exists in the ID database, the article will not be retrieved. Note that this does not guarantee that all articles retrieved will be unique. snfetch does not guarantee to leave the NNTP conversation in a decent state (there might be more data to read, but snfetch aborted part way). You will need to be root or own /var/spool/sn in order to run this program. It is not safe to direct the output of several snfetches to the same pipe descriptor, but a file descriptor is all right. OPTIONS
-t timeout snfetch will wait only timeout seconds (default 180) for data before giving up, if the server doesn't respond. -r Output in news batch format instead. All articles will take the #! rnews form only, even if there is just one article, all lines end in bare linefeed, and dot-unquoting is performed. -c depth Employ a command pipeline of depth depth. NNTP command pipelining is not officially sanctioned, so by default no pipeline is used. However, a pipeline with a depth greater than 0 will substantally reduce transaction latency if the server accepts it. A respectable value for depth might be between 1 and 5. ARGUMENTS
snfetch takes the name of a single newsgroup on its command line. If serial is given, this is taken to be the first article number on group on the server to fetch. If max is specified, this is taken to be the maximum number of articles to fetch. The first article retrieved may be after serial if max would be violated. If max is not specified, there is no limit. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SNROOT If this is set and is not empty, the value is used in place of /var/spool/sn, the default news spool directory. FILES
/var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.serial If serial is not specified, the starting serial number is taken from the file /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.serial. This defaults to 0 if the file can't be read. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.serial.tmp If snfetch exits with success (0), the new serial is written into this file. The original file /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.serial is readonly by snfetch. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.max If max is not specified on the command line, max is read from this file. If the file cannot be read or does not exist, there is no limit. EXIT CODES
snfetch exits 1 on usage error, 2 on system failure, 3 on protocol error, 4 on read timeout, and 0 on success. SEE ALSO
snstore (8), snget (8) N.B. Harold Tay snfetch,v0.3.8(8)