Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass variable to SQLPLUS in a ksh script? Post 302074792 by tmarikle on Thursday 25th of May 2006 05:41:05 PM
Old 05-25-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwunwla
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s /nolog |
print -p connect perfstat/perf$ORACLE_SID@$ORACLE_SID
print -p @sppurge.sql
print -p $losnapid
print -p $hisnapid
print -p quit
You have a syntx error.

Code:
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s /nolog |&<== Notice the ampersand that creates the background process

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with ksh script that uses sqlplus, called from PHP

I have a ksh script that connects to sqlplus and dumps the query results into a file. The script works file when I run it from the command line, however, when I call it from PHP using system(), exec(), or shell_exec() commands, the script doesn't seem to run the query. It will create the text file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: j2owilson
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pass unix variable to SQLPLUS

hi fellows, can any body tell me how to pass unix variables to oracle code is... #! /bin/ksh echo ENTER DATE VALUE's read START_DATE END_DATE sqlplus xyx/abc@oracle select * from table1 where coloumn1 between $START_DATE and $END_DATE; is this is correct way........... Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter from sqlplus(procedure completed) to your shell script

if then # mail -s "Import failed file does not exist" sanjay.jaiswal@xyz.com echo "FILE does not exist" exit 1 fi echo "FILE EXIST" size=-1 set $(du /export/home/oracle/nas/scott21.dmp.gz) while do echo "Inside the loop" size=$1 set $(du... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanora600
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh variable pass to awk

I'm trying to store the response from a nawk command inside of a ksh script. The command is: text=$(nawk -F: '$1 ~ /${imgArray}/ {print $2}' ${etcDir}/captions.txt) From what I can tell, the imgArray variable is not being expanding when it is inside the single quote ('). Is there something I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meman1188
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX ksh: how to pass variable to host shell

I have a script that "runs" a script. For example: ./runscript.ksh pcnmc01.ksh runscript puts pcnmc01.ksh into the background with log output going to the logfile. After executing the command, I get this output: Running script in the background: pcnmc01.ksh Logfile:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eben Yong
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script trying to pass a variable to edit a file

I'm trying to create a ksh script that will ask the user for the port number. $PORT1 is the variable I want to use that will contain whatever numbers the user inputs. The script would edit ports.txt file, search and delete "./serv 110.1.0.1.$PORT1 200;=3" . So if the user types 50243 then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line break in sqlplus output through ksh script

Hi, I am new to shell script programming. I have written a ksh script to run the sql File placed in server directory and spool the output in destination directory. Below Command: $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s $ora_uid @$sqlfile_loc$testquery.sql > $opfiledirectory It is generating the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumit Arora
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a VARIABLE to sqlplus script

Hi Team, I am trying to run a sqlplus script against several databases via a FOR/LOOP and also passing the loop variable to a sqlplus script I am calling, as follows: #!/bin/bash export ORACLE_SID=plgc1 export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/db_1 export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)