Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass variable to SQLPLUS in a ksh script? Post 302074768 by tmarikle on Thursday 25th of May 2006 04:09:31 PM
Old 05-25-2006
One way is to use a co-processor in KSH.

test.sql
Code:
set serveroutput on
set feedback off verify off

variable input_number number;

begin 
    :input_number := &input_number;
    dbms_output.put_line ('your number divided by 5 = ' || :input_number / 5);
end;
/

test.sh
Code:
#! /usr/bin/ksh

# Create coprocessor
sqlplus -s /nolog |&

# Send log on message
print -p connect user/password@sid

# Call SQL
print -p @test.sql

# Answer prompts
print -p 37

# Plant a known message to allow break from loop
print -p PROMPT done

# Loop through message from co-processor
while read -p LINE
do
    # Print them; filter them; test for error message, etc.
    print - "${LINE}"

# Break from loop when planted message is found
    [[ ${LINE} = done ]] && break
done

# Terminate co-processor
print -p quit

exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with ksh script that uses sqlplus, called from PHP

I have a ksh script that connects to sqlplus and dumps the query results into a file. The script works file when I run it from the command line, however, when I call it from PHP using system(), exec(), or shell_exec() commands, the script doesn't seem to run the query. It will create the text file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: j2owilson
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pass unix variable to SQLPLUS

hi fellows, can any body tell me how to pass unix variables to oracle code is... #! /bin/ksh echo ENTER DATE VALUE's read START_DATE END_DATE sqlplus xyx/abc@oracle select * from table1 where coloumn1 between $START_DATE and $END_DATE; is this is correct way........... Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter from sqlplus(procedure completed) to your shell script

if then # mail -s "Import failed file does not exist" sanjay.jaiswal@xyz.com echo "FILE does not exist" exit 1 fi echo "FILE EXIST" size=-1 set $(du /export/home/oracle/nas/scott21.dmp.gz) while do echo "Inside the loop" size=$1 set $(du... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanora600
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh variable pass to awk

I'm trying to store the response from a nawk command inside of a ksh script. The command is: text=$(nawk -F: '$1 ~ /${imgArray}/ {print $2}' ${etcDir}/captions.txt) From what I can tell, the imgArray variable is not being expanding when it is inside the single quote ('). Is there something I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meman1188
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX ksh: how to pass variable to host shell

I have a script that "runs" a script. For example: ./runscript.ksh pcnmc01.ksh runscript puts pcnmc01.ksh into the background with log output going to the logfile. After executing the command, I get this output: Running script in the background: pcnmc01.ksh Logfile:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eben Yong
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script trying to pass a variable to edit a file

I'm trying to create a ksh script that will ask the user for the port number. $PORT1 is the variable I want to use that will contain whatever numbers the user inputs. The script would edit ports.txt file, search and delete "./serv 110.1.0.1.$PORT1 200;=3" . So if the user types 50243 then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line break in sqlplus output through ksh script

Hi, I am new to shell script programming. I have written a ksh script to run the sql File placed in server directory and spool the output in destination directory. Below Command: $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s $ora_uid @$sqlfile_loc$testquery.sql > $opfiledirectory It is generating the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumit Arora
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a VARIABLE to sqlplus script

Hi Team, I am trying to run a sqlplus script against several databases via a FOR/LOOP and also passing the loop variable to a sqlplus script I am calling, as follows: #!/bin/bash export ORACLE_SID=plgc1 export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/db_1 export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
1 Replies
while(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  while(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
while - Execute script repeatedly as long as a condition is met SYNOPSIS
while test body _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The while command evaluates test as an expression (in the same way that expr evaluates its argument). The value of the expression must a proper boolean value; if it is a true value then body is executed by passing it to the Tcl interpreter. Once body has been executed then test is evaluated again, and the process repeats until eventually test evaluates to a false boolean value. Continue commands may be exe- cuted inside body to terminate the current iteration of the loop, and break commands may be executed inside body to cause immediate termi- nation of the while command. The while command always returns an empty string. Note: test should almost always be enclosed in braces. If not, variable substitutions will be made before the while command starts execut- ing, which means that variable changes made by the loop body will not be considered in the expression. This is likely to result in an infinite loop. If test is enclosed in braces, variable substitutions are delayed until the expression is evaluated (before each loop iter- ation), so changes in the variables will be visible. For an example, try the following script with and without the braces around $x<10: set x 0 while {$x<10} { puts "x is $x" incr x } EXAMPLE
Read lines from a channel until we get to the end of the stream, and print them out with a line-number prepended: set lineCount 0 while {[gets $chan line] >= 0} { puts "[incr lineCount]: $line" } SEE ALSO
break(n), continue(n), for(n), foreach(n) KEYWORDS
boolean value, loop, test, while Tcl while(n)