Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE How do I compile source undfer Suse Linux? Post 302074676 by Mark Ward on Thursday 25th of May 2006 05:10:10 AM
Old 05-25-2006
Thanks for that! I've been compiling for a while without even knowing it! Smilie

There was me thinking there was this "Dark Art" that someone may one day let me in on so long as I was sworn to secrecy.

Cheers!

Mark.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compile rpm-4.0 source

Hello Unix experts, I downloaded rpm-4.0 source from ftp.redhat.com and tried to make it. There are something I could not understand. - Makefile.in and Makefile.am instead of Makefile - file INSTALL doesn't show clearly the steps of compiling What are these 2 files, Makefile.in and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddie
2 Replies

2. Programming

error trying to compile a c++ source file

i tried to compile a c++ file using the g++ command: g++ <filename>.cpp -out <output_file> and i received the following error message: ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: relocation error: file gcc: symbol bindtextdomain: referenced symbol not found Killed is it that i am using incorrectly the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldrojasm
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to compile from source code?

Hi all, I downloaded the source code for a pkg. But i dont know how to build from it? I have no prior experience in building from source,so could you pls help me? I tried ./configure(after entering into the dir containing the src codes) but it generated some errors!!!!! Some files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Error when compile source code

Hello,I'm trying to compile source code for Nmap. My $PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:/usr/css/bin I type ./configure and all goes great.When I type ./make or ./make it says make not found.Why?I need a correct path for make?Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies