Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching XML tag in a script Post 302074644 by abhandari on Wednesday 24th of May 2006 11:10:15 PM
Old 05-25-2006
Power Searching XML tag in a script

Hey,

I need to parse the following XML to just grab the Customer ID.
Is there any RegEx that can achieve this ?

So in this example, the script just return 0000109654, as the output.
Even if it involves awk, sed please let me know.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ns0:CustomerUpdate xmlns:ns0="http://www.hmco.com/schemas/sfa/customer_update"
FileName="" CustomerUpdateDateTime="2006-05-24T23:02:47.366-04:00" Count="1"><ns0:Customer CustomerID="0000109654" CustomerName="BETHEL PUBLIC SCHOOLS" Status="
A" ClassCode="G" ClassName="Governing Organiz." <ns0:Address AddressLine1="220 175TH ST S
" AddressLine2="LEARNING ASESSMENT BULDING" AddressLine3="" City="SPANAWAY" State="WA" ZipCode="98387-8703" CountyName="PIERCE" CountryCode="US" CountryName="US
A"/></ns0:Customer></ns0:CustomerUpdate>

Thanks in advance,
Arun.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script to Get the <TAG Values> from an XML file

Hi All, I am new to Unix I need a KSH script to get the values from XML file to write to a temp file. Like the requirement is from the below TAG <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ="Test Mapping" ISVALID ="YES" NAME ="m_test_xml" OBJECTVERSION ="1" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> I need the MAPPING DESCRIPTION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove some xml tag lines using shell script

I have existing XML file as below, now based on input string in shell script on workordercode i need to create a seprate xml file for e.g if we pass the input string as 184851 then it find the tag data from <workOrder>..</workOrder> and write to a new file and similarly next time if i pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the value from XML tag whose end tag is in next line

Hi All, Find the following code: <Universal>D38x82j1JJ </Universal> I want to retrieve the value of <Universal> tag as below: Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Script to parse a XML tag

I have an XML tag like this: <property name="agent" value="/var/tmp/root/eclipse" /> Is there way using awk that i can get the value from the above tag. So the output should be: /var/tmp/root/eclipse Help will be appreciated. Regards, Adi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I remove some xml tag lines using shell script?

Hi All, My name is Prathyu and I am working as a ETL develper. I have one requirement to create a XML file based on the provided XSD file. As per the Datastage standards Key(repeatable) field does not contain any Null values so I am inserting some dummy tag line to that XML file. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathyu
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify XML tag using shell script

Hi All Need some help with a unix shell script. I have a XML file as shown below: <Root> <Service> <endPoint type="SOAP" protocol="http"> <provider>ABCD</provider> <urlRewrite>/service/xyz/getAccountDetails</urlRewrite> <timeout>30</timeout> </endPoint> </Service> <Service> <endPoint... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilwa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parse between to tag with upper tag

Hi Guys Here is my Input : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xn:MeContext id="01736"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="01736"> <xn:attributes> <xn:vsDataType>vsDataMeContext</xn:vsDataType> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a closing XML tag shell script

I have a shell script that does everything I need it to do. But, when I was testing it I realized it doesn't print the closing XML tag.... Does anyone know how to incorporate printing the XML tag with my script? I am using AWK any help would be appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risarose87
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies
XML::LibXML::RelaxNG(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 XML::LibXML::RelaxNG(3pm)

NAME
XML::LibXML::RelaxNG - RelaxNG Schema Validation SYNOPSIS
use XML::LibXML; $doc = XML::LibXML->new->parse_file($url); $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( location => $filename_or_url ); $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( string => $xmlschemastring ); $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( DOM => $doc ); eval { $rngschema->validate( $doc ); }; DESCRIPTION
The XML::LibXML::RelaxNG class is a tiny frontend to libxml2's RelaxNG implementation. Currently it supports only schema parsing and document validation. METHODS
new $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( location => $filename_or_url ); $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( string => $xmlschemastring ); $rngschema = XML::LibXML::RelaxNG->new( DOM => $doc ); The constructor of XML::LibXML::RelaxNG may get called with either one of three parameters. The parameter tells the class from which source it should generate a validation schema. It is important, that each schema only have a single source. The location parameter allows one to parse a schema from the filesystem or a URL. The string parameter will parse the schema from the given XML string. The DOM parameter allows one to parse the schema from a pre-parsed XML::LibXML::Document. Note that the constructor will die() if the schema does not meed the constraints of the RelaxNG specification. validate eval { $rngschema->validate( $doc ); }; This function allows one to validate a (parsed) document against the given RelaxNG schema. The argument of this function should be an XML::LibXML::Document object. If this function succeeds, it will return 0, otherwise it will die() and report the errors found. Because of this validate() should be always evaluated. AUTHORS
Matt Sergeant, Christian Glahn, Petr Pajas VERSION
2.0001 COPYRIGHT
2001-2007, AxKit.com Ltd. 2002-2006, Christian Glahn. 2006-2009, Petr Pajas. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 XML::LibXML::RelaxNG(3pm)