Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: failed login time limit
Operating Systems AIX failed login time limit Post 302074617 by jyoung on Wednesday 24th of May 2006 01:59:18 PM
Old 05-24-2006
If you log in as root and go into smitty you can reset the failed logins or unlock an account. I was under the impression that it reset "failed logins" once you logged in successfully. Type smitty then select Security and Users then Users.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit login time...

How do I limit the amount of idle time an account gets on solaris? Thanks. VJ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Login Limit

Gud day :) We have a limited user login so we want to restrict 1 login per user. We have added below script in each user's profile but it is not working :confused: , I displayed the output for COUNT (by inserting echo command) but the value is always 1. Hope you could help me. Thanks ;) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancemendioro
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to reset failed login in solaris 8.0

hi, can someone tell me " how to reset failed login in solaris 8.0" a user is not able to login and inspite of my changing password cannot. I believe it must be because the user tried many attempts. how do i reset the failed login for the user. Thanks! karthik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error, Login Limit Exceeded by 1 user

Would appreciate some help, system was displaying an error regarding the kernal when a "sar" was run, after a reboot we get "WARNING user login limit exceeded by 1 user". We have plenty of licences. any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nchrocc
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Last Failed Login

Hi, Would appreciate it if someone could shed me some light here as I'm yet to find any related information in this forum with regards to my problem. Basically, I would like to display "Last Unsuccessful login" information when a user successfully logs-in to the system. I can't seem to find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilberteu
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

limit non login id for ftp

Hi All, How can I limit a userid (/bin/false) to have access only to ftp service? On redhat ent 4. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

7. Solaris

FTP login failed.

Hi guys, Can you please help me. I have SUN V100 server running solaris 8. I also have a Redhat Linux 6.2 machine and a windows XP machine on the network. I'm trying to copy files from the Linux and XP machines to the V100 server. When I try to ftp to the solaris machine, I'm challenged... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Console Login Failed..

Dear Unix Team, This is sudhansu once again. I need some tips on below issue. Sometimes we got calls from customer that their console got hangged means they are not able to access the server through console ip. in that case "resetsc -y" will resolve the issue. 2. But couple of days... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Reset failed login count

Hi, Can someone tell me the command to do this in solaris 5.10 please? I've trawled around the internet for ages but all I can find is the AIX command... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limit a user's login prompt upon logon

Hey Am new to scripting in aix 5.3 I need to write a script to limit a user's logon prompt to an interactive menu based upon logon and nothing else. Any ideas much appreciated. :wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mills
4 Replies
PAM_LASTLOG(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						    PAM_LASTLOG(8)

NAME
pam_lastlog - PAM module to display date of last login SYNOPSIS
pam_lastlog.so [debug] [silent] [never] [nodate] [nohost] [noterm] [nowtmp] [noupdate] [showfailed] DESCRIPTION
pam_lastlog is a PAM module to display a line of information about the last login of the user. In addition, the module maintains the /var/log/lastlog file. Some applications may perform this function themselves. In such cases, this module is not necessary. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. silent Don't inform the user about any previous login, just update the /var/log/lastlog file. never If the /var/log/lastlog file does not contain any old entries for the user, indicate that the user has never previously logged in with a welcome message. nodate Don't display the date of the last login. noterm Don't display the terminal name on which the last login was attempted. nohost Don't indicate from which host the last login was attempted. nowtmp Don't update the wtmp entry. noupdate Don't update any file. showfailed Display number of failed login attempts and the date of the last failed attempt from btmp. The date is not displayed when nodate is specified. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS Everything was successful. PAM_SERVICE_ERR Internal service module error. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to display the last login time of an user: session required pam_lastlog.so nowtmp FILES
/var/log/lastlog Lastlog logging file SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_lastlog was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_LASTLOG(8)