Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sending larger files via ftp
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sending larger files via ftp Post 302074561 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 24th of May 2006 05:21:44 AM
Old 05-24-2006
Its a t1 fiber link.

even with that wont i able to tune the parameters and maximize the throughput?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email w/ ftp log as attachment

Can this be done? Code samples welcome and encouraged. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: idesaj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP repeat sending files

Hi everyone. I wrote a ftp script for sending files. while read FNAME do # Begin ftp ftp -i -n $HOST << END user $USER $PASSWD put $FNAME $FNAME quit END # End ftp done < ftp_sending_list.dat HOST, USER and PASSWD are my account data. This script quits ftp for many times and this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Euler04
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Ftp cannot put file larger than 64kb

Hi gurus, I have a problem with ftp access. The first 2 test e.g. Test A & Test B was successful with the file size 64kb (800++ numbers). The third test with file size 120kb was failed. The error is "Netout :Connection reset by peer". No password entered manually since the test run from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
3 Replies

4. AIX

Tar files larger than 2GB

Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to tar files larger than 2GB? The reason being is they want me to dump a single file (which is around 20GB) to a tape drive and they will restore it on a Solaris box. I know the tar have a limitation of 2GB so I am thinking of a way how to overcome this.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using UNIX Commands with Larger number of Files

Hello Unix Gurus, I am new to Unix so need some help on this. I am using the following commands: 1) mv -f Inputpath/*. outputpath 2) cp Inputpath/*. outputpath 3) rm -rf somepath/* 4) Find Inputpath/*. Now I get the following error with... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
18 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

7z command for files larger than 4GB ( unzip doesn't work)

My unzip command doesn't work for files that are greater than 4GB. Consider my file name is unzip -p -a filename.zip, the command doesn't work since the size of the file is larger. I need to know the corresponding 7z command for the same. This is my Unix shell script program: if then ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandraprakash
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backingup larger files with TAR command

I need to backup my database but the files are very large and the TAR command will not let me. I searched aids and found that I could do something with the mknod, COMPRESS and TAR command using them together. I appreciate your help. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frizcala
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split larger files into smaller ones with Column names

Hi, I have one large files of 100000 rows with header column. Eg: Emp Code, Emp Name 101,xxx 102,YYY 103,zzz ... ... I want to split the files into smaller files with only 30000 rows each..File 1,2 and 3 must have 30000 rows and file 4 must contain 10000 rows. But the column... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nivas
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to select files larger than 500Mb from servers

I need help modifying these two scripts to do the following: - print files in (MB) instead of (KB) - only select files larger than 500MB -> these will be mailed out daily - Select all files regardless of size all in (MB) -> these will be mailed out once a week this is what i have so far and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donpasscal
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with Expect script for pulling log files size larger than 500Mb;

I am new at developing EXPECT scripts. I'm trying to create a script that will automatically connect to a several UNIX (sun solaris and HPUX) database server via FTP and pull the sizes of the listener/alert log files from specified server directory on the remote machines. 1. I want the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikebantor
7 Replies
asetmasters(4)							   File Formats 						    asetmasters(4)

NAME
asetmasters, tune.low, tune.med, tune.high, uid_aliases, cklist.low, cklist.med, cklist.high - ASET master files SYNOPSIS
/usr/aset/masters/tune.low /usr/aset/masters/tune.med /usr/aset/masters/tune.high /usr/aset/masters/uid_aliases /usr/aset/masters/cklist.low /usr/aset/masters/cklist.med /usr/aset/masters/cklist.high DESCRIPTION
The /usr/aset/masters directory contains several files used by the Automated Security Enhancement Tool (ASET). /usr/aset is the default operating directory for ASET. An alternative working directory can be specified by the administrators through the aset -d command or the ASETDIR environment variable. See aset(1M). These files are provided by default to meet the need of most environments. The administrators, however, can edit these files to meet their specific needs. The format and usage of these files are described below. All the master files allow comments and blank lines to improve readability. Comment lines must start with a leading "#" character. tune.low These files are used by the tune task (see aset(1M)) to restrict the permission settings for system objects. Each file is tune.med used by ASET at the security level indicated by the suffix. Each entry in the files is of the form: tune.high pathname mode owner group type where pathname is the full pathname mode is the permission setting owner is the owner of the object group is the group of the object type is the type of the object It can be symlink for a symbolic link, directory for a directory, or file for everything else. Regular shell wildcard ("*", "?", ...) characters can be used in the pathname for multiple references. See sh(1). The mode is a five-digit number that represents the permission setting. Note that this setting represents a least restrictive value. If the current setting is already more restrictive than the specified value, ASET does not loosen the permission settings. For example, if mode is 00777, the permission will not be changed, since it is always less restrictive than the current setting. Names must be used for owner and group instead of numeric ID's. ? can be used as a "don't care" character in place of owner, group, and type to prevent ASET from changing the existing values of these parameters. uid_alias This file allows user ID's to be shared by multiple user accounts. Normally, ASET discourages such sharing for accountabil- ity reason and reports user ID's that are shared. The administrators can, however, define permissible sharing by adding entries to the file. Each entry is of the form: uid=alias1=alias2=alias3= ... where uid is the shared user id alias? is the user accounts sharing the user ID For example, if sync and daemon share the user ID 1, the corresponding entry is: 1=sync=daemon cklist.low These files are used by the cklist task (see aset(1M)), and are created the first time the task is run at the low, medium, cklist.med and high levels. When the cklist task is run, it compares the specified directory's contents with the appropriate cklist.high cklist.level file and reports any discrepancies. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of Valid Entries for the tune.low, tune.med, and tune.high Files The following is an example of valid entries for the tune.low, tune.med, and tune.high files: /bin 00777 root staffsymlink /etc 02755 root staffdirectory /dev/sd* 00640 rootoperatorfile SEE ALSO
aset(1M), asetenv(4) ASET Administrator Manual SunOS 5.10 13 Sep 1991 asetmasters(4)