Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: decoding commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting decoding commands Post 302074544 by rochitsharma on Wednesday 24th of May 2006 02:27:21 AM
Old 05-24-2006
decoding commands

hi
please can anyone help me in decoding shell commands.
i need a way to decode the encrypted shell commands.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Decoding of Core Dump

Hi ALL, Is it possible to decode the core dumb file to find the error? I get an Memory Core Dumb error with an core file. Regards, P. Prathaban. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: p_prathaban
3 Replies

2. Solaris

problem when decoding a binary file

I tried to decode a binary script using the command 'uudecode'. but it is giving error as 'No begining line'. 'uudecode -o <outfile name> <binary file>' Please help me in resolving this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Packet decoding

Hi, wondering if anyone can suggest a tool to me that will let me either cut & paste hex or type it in for packet decoding. I want to be able to decode a packet as done with tcpdump or wireshark, but I want to be able to manually input the hex myself. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URL decoding with awk

The challenge: Decode URL's, i.e. convert %HEX to the corresponding special characters, using only UNIX base utilities, and without having to type out each special character. I have an anonymous C code snippet where the author assigns each hex digit a number from 0 to 16 and then does some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decoding a string

Hi, If my input string is 3a3b4c then my result should be aaabbbcccc. Please guide me how to achieve this in a bash script. Thanks (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with decoding the 'find' command syntax

Hi folks, I just want to understand what this find command does. The syntax "- - -" is cumbersome and unusual. Please let me know what it is for? find - - - share/ ../share/ -type f ! -path '*/CVS*' (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
8 Replies

7. Web Development

Random - Any help decoding obfuscated code?

I have this following file and I would quite like to get it decoded - any help / advice is appreciated. I would like to know how to decrypt it, however if someone is able to do it for me I would be equally grateful. <?php //Obfuscation provided by FOPO - Free Online PHP Obfuscator v1.2:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP decoding

I am trying to understand a UNIX script which FTPs certain files from a remote location to the local machine. I understand the basic FTP command but the UNIX script uses the following command: ftp -n -i -v > $logftp_trg 2>&1 <<! open $MFX_FTP_SERVER user $MFX_FTP_LOGIN $MFX_FTP_PWD Can anyone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhavesh Sharma
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decoding and pattern matching

Hello, I have a huge file with over 700,00 SNPs with 18 columns. One column is in the format --+-+ ---++ ????? -???? Now i have another list which corresponds to this code in a particular order A-1 B-7 C-11 D-3 E-100 Now I need to match the expression above to the pattern,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nans
1 Replies

10. Programming

ASN1 decoding error

Hi, fellows i am modifying asn1 schema to be able to decode a file, but i am hitting a error on one of the fields using free online tool asn1-playground. I suspect i need to change type and have tried with IDENTIFIER but it doesn't help...any ideas check the schema and file down , please ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahchiev01
0 Replies
GIT-SHELL(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-SHELL(1)

NAME
       git-shell - Restricted login shell for Git-only SSH access

SYNOPSIS
       chsh -s $(command -v git-shell) <user>
       git clone <user>@localhost:/path/to/repo.git
       ssh <user>@localhost

DESCRIPTION
       This is a login shell for SSH accounts to provide restricted Git access. It permits execution only of server-side Git commands implementing
       the pull/push functionality, plus custom commands present in a subdirectory named git-shell-commands in the user's home directory.

COMMANDS
       git shell accepts the following commands after the -c option:

git receive-pack <argument>, git upload-pack <argument>, git upload-archive <argument>
	   Call the corresponding server-side command to support the client's git push, git fetch, or git archive --remote request.

cvs server
	   Imitate a CVS server. See git-cvsserver(1).

If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell will also handle other, custom commands by running "git-shell-commands/<command>
       <arguments>" from the user's home directory.

INTERACTIVE USE
       By default, the commands above can be executed only with the -c option; the shell is not interactive.

If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell can also be run interactively (with no arguments). If a help command is present
       in the git-shell-commands directory, it is run to provide the user with an overview of allowed actions. Then a "git> " prompt is presented
       at which one can enter any of the commands from the git-shell-commands directory, or exit to close the connection.

Generally this mode is used as an administrative interface to allow users to list repositories they have access to, create, delete, or
       rename repositories, or change repository descriptions and permissions.

If a no-interactive-login command exists, then it is run and the interactive shell is aborted.

EXAMPLE
       To disable interactive logins, displaying a greeting instead:

$ chsh -s /usr/bin/git-shell
	   $ mkdir $HOME/git-shell-commands
	   $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login <<EOF
	   #!/bin/sh
	   printf '%s
' "Hi $USER! You've successfully authenticated, but I do not"
	   printf '%s
' "provide interactive shell access."
	   exit 128
	   EOF
	   $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login

To enable git-cvsserver access (which should generally have the no-interactive-login example above as a prerequisite, as creating the
       git-shell-commands directory allows interactive logins):

$ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs <<EOF
	   if ! test $# = 1 && test "$1" = "server"
	   then
		   echo >&2 "git-cvsserver only handles "server""
		   exit 1
	   fi
	   exec git cvsserver server
	   EOF
	   $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs

SEE ALSO
       ssh(1), git-daemon(1), contrib/git-shell-commands/README

GIT
       Part of the git(1) suite

Git 2.17.1							    10/05/2018							      GIT-SHELL(1)