Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed - shell scripting Post 302074350 by Ygor on Monday 22nd of May 2006 10:28:09 PM
Old 05-22-2006
Perhaps use awk...
Code:
$ < infile awk '/ABC/{c++; next} {print > "outfile." c}'

$ head outfile.*
==> outfile.1 <==
/ Some text /

==> outfile.2 <==
/ Some text /

==> outfile.3 <==
/ Some text /

==> outfile.4 <==
/ Some text /

==> outfile.5 <==
/ Some text /

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in shell scripting......urgent

Dear friends, please help me to solve following problem. I'm running a frontend application from which i'll be invoking the shell script with arguments as given below -driver -w -p "ABC XYZ" -S -ds con -dn "abc xyz" i am getting $1=-driver $2=-w $3=-p $4="ABC $5=XYZ" $6=-S $7=-ds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHell Scripting Help Needed

Dear All, I have an input file like this interface Serial10/0/7:11.1 point-to-point description CLIENT:SA_INSTITUTO ANGLO MEXICANO Sitio Metepec 104452:0,165 bandwidth 64 ip vrf forwarding INSTITUTO-ANGLO ip address 192.168.148.217 255.255.255.252 no ip directed-broadcast frame-relay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - ksh shell scripting

Hi all, i m new to Unix shell scripting(ksh) i have a requirement, can anyone help me out in this.. spec: i need to move all the files landing in "X" directory to "Y" directory automatically everyday at a particular time.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in shell scripting

" how to write a script to send an error in a log file to a particular E-Mail ID " Can anyone help me in this ? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for shell scripting for oracle.

Hi, Please see contains both files created for automating the data from oracle through shell. 1)a_p.ksh #!/bin/ksh LOG=/home/A_P.log MESSAGE=/home/MESSAGE_A_P.txt mail_list=/home/AP_MAIL_LIST.txt data=/home/spooled_A_P.log echo "`date` Starting execution for A_P COUNT" > $LOG ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Shell scripting

Hi All, I need to split a flatfile based on it's first character, I am using the following script awk '{print > "TEST_substr($0,1,1).txt"}' PROVIDER.txt It is returning files TEST_1 and TEST_2 But I am not getting the .txt file extension. I need the files like TEST_1.txt and ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam35
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting needed for the below problem please solve ...

please solve my problem..... :( i have a sample input file as A A A A B B B B B C C C C C i want the output such that if the count of A or B or C is greater than 3 A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Korn Shell scripting

#! /bin/ksh while read line do if ] ; then echo "no data" continue; fi echo "performing operation on $line" done < prg.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juhi Kashyap
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell scripting - help needed

Can anyone please help me to create the output file based on the attached input files using ksh script. I have 2 input files 1) inputfile1.txt 2) inputfile2.txt The script should accept 2 parametes: 1. Inputfile2.txt with 1-10,000 values ( sample file contains only 4 records) 2. Script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
5 Replies
MAKE_SOCKSFC(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKSFC(8)

NAME
make_socksfc - Generates frozen configuratyion file for SOCKS clients SYNOPSIS
make_socksfc [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_socksfc reads in a plain-text configuration file for the SOCKS clients and produces a frozen configuration file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/socks.conf; the default for outfile is /etc/socks.fc. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen configuration file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen configuration file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS client programs since they no longer have to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS client starts, it always looks for the frozen configuration file /etc/socks.fc first . If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text configuration file /etc/socks.conf. If you use frozen configuration, you must remember to run make_socksfc every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS clients will continue to use the frozen file of a previous configuration. To find out the contents of a frozen configuration file, use dump_socksfc. FILES
/etc/socks.fc, /etc/socks.conf SEE ALSO
dump_socksfc(8), socks.conf(5), socks.fc(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@esd.sgi.com or yingda@best.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKSFC(8)