Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Challenging Compare and validate question -- plus speed. Post 302074327 by vgersh99 on Monday 22nd of May 2006 05:03:55 PM
Old 05-22-2006
ok - not tested.

nawk -f mad.awk DetailFile.txt MetadataFile.txt

mad.awk:
Code:
FNR==NR{
   detail[$2]
   next
}
{ 
  printf("Meta [%s] %s found in Detail-- %s\n",  $2, ($2 in detail) ? "" : "NOT",  ($2 in detail) ? "Successful" : "Failed")
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Very Challenging Question! Need help bad!

I am in desperate need of an answer to this question. I have looked everywhere (even the man pages) and found very little. Solaris has the concept of "plumbing" a network interface. What does this mean? I would be really greatful to whoever could help me answer this question. I am so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sparticus007
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dmidecode, RAM speed = "Current Speed: Unknown"

Hello, I have a Supermicro server with a P4SCI mother board running Debian Sarge 3.1. This is the "dmidecode" output related to RAM info: RAM speed information is incomplete.. "Current Speed: Unknown", is there anyway/soft to get the speed of installed RAM modules? thanks!! Regards :)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenging!! Help needed

Hi, I have a script xyz.ksh which accpets two parameters the format of first one is :X_TABLENAME_Y and second one is a digit. I can extract a table name from that parameter and store it in a variable var_tblnm, so if i pass a parameter X_TABLE1_Y the value in var_tblenm is "TABLE1" now i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcdiss
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files question

Hi all, How do I compare contents of entire two files except for the first line is each of them? I am sure first lines from both my files are going to be different so I want to ignore them. Is there a easier way than creating temporary files by cutting out the first line and then comparing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with this challenging code....

Hello All, I am new to this forum, and the reason I came here is to seek solution from the experts. I have written following wrapper script, it was running fine from past couple of months, until last week. When one of the function in the script which suppose to login through ssh to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tajdar
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another validate input Question.

I'm writing a bash shell script to 'help' me post to susepaste (I can NEVER remember the time options). Here's the code: #!/bin/bash ########## # # Project : personal script. # Started : Wed Aug 03, 2011 # Author : Habitual # Description : susepaste c-li script with user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenging scenario

Hi, My input file contains 1,2 2,4 3,6 4,9 9,10 My expected output is 1,10 2,10 3,6 4,1 9,10 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
6 Replies

9. Programming

Generic speed question (PHP vs.)

Hi, On a hosted linux environment which I have very little control over, I have a PHP script that takes in X number of floats, performs Y number of simple recursive arithmetic calculations, and produces some output for display to the user. When I first created the script, 'X' and 'Y' were... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MoreCowbell
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare files and validate order of headers

The below awk verifies the count and order of each text file in the directory. The script does execute and produce output, however the order of the headers are not compared to key. The portion in bold is supposed to do that. If the order of the headers in each text file is the same as key, then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
ucblinks(1B)                                         SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                         ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)