Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: transfering files unix to pc
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers transfering files unix to pc Post 302074305 by intern on Monday 22nd of May 2006 02:18:16 PM
Old 05-22-2006
How do I go about locating the IP address of the unix system? Also, when I find that IP address and connect to the unix system will I just be able to browse with my windows computer, select the files I want to transfer, and then transfer them?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. How do I send email?

Transfering unix file as an email attachment

I've written a a script which generates a report file, saved to a unix directory. I need to transfer it, via email, to some users. The command I'm using in my script is: (note that subject & cur_address are set in the script prior to this line) cat /u/sandyl/sm_o_commdt_archive/c | uuencode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slivi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering unix file as an email attachment

I've written a a script which generates a report file, saved to a unix directory. I need to transfer it, via email, to some users. The command I'm using in my script is: (note that subject & cur_address are set in the script prior to this line) cat /u/sandyl/sm_o_commdt_archive/c | uuencode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slivi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering files

Hi all. 1. How can i copy files from one unix system to another. should i use ftp? so How? 2. How can i create an archive whose extention is tar.gz? and how can i decompress them later? 3. WHat is RPM ? what does it stands for? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbs
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering files from one server to another.

My oracle database is generating archive logs. I want to copy those archive logs over to backup server on a regular basis. I know how to create an ftp job and I can put it in my crontab. My problem is that I don't know how to send the files just once instead of sends all the files in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alan Bird
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfering file from unix to window

Hello Sir/Madam, In my system both unix and windows xp are running, I want to transfer a file from unix to window. Sir, I m new in unix scripting ,So Please help me to solve my problem. Thanking you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Transfering file from unix server to a windows pc

Is there a way to transfer files from unix server to windows directory,other than ftp? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preet
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfering files from windows to unix box through sftp

Hello All, we have scenarion where we need to pull the Files from Windows to Unix Box through SFTP protocol. as per our analysis we did install the cygwin package on the Windows Box to have the openSSH package functionality. 1.Will openSSH help us to achieve the functionality what we are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfering files with a specific name to a folder

Hi I want to transfer all files in a folder to another folder. So the files have a ending of .lop.txt thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gisele_l
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script for transfering files

Hi, I am new to shell scripting,and i was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. All configuration should be done through a properties files.I was planning that All configuration should be done through a properties files. and finally the output should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
0 Replies

10. Linux

UNIX - FTP changing the mode while transfering the files

Hi, I have to transfer my files using FTP. Few files are in Zipped format (.Z) and few are in .PX format . For zipped files, we need to change the mode to binary while transferring the files whereas for the px files the mode should be ascii. Eg: sample1.z sample2.z sample3.z sample.px ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidlaks
2 Replies
transfer::receiver(n)					     Data transfer facilities					     transfer::receiver(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
transfer::receiver - Data source SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require snit ?1.0? package require transfer::data::destination ?0.1? package require transfer::connect ?0.1? package require transfer::receiver ?0.1? transfer::receiver object ?options...? object destroy object start object busy _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package pulls data destinations and connection setup together into a combined object for the reception of information coming in over a socket. These objects understand all the options from objects created by the packages transfer::data::destination and transfer::connect. API
transfer::receiver object ?options...? This command creates and configures a new receiver object. The fully qualified name of the object command is returned as the result of the command. See the packages transfer::data::destination and transfer::connect for the main options recognized. Here we describe only the options which go beyond the referenced set. -command cmdprefix This option specifies the command to invoke when the transmission of the information in the data source has been completed. The arguments given to this command are the same as given to the completion callback of method receive, see package trans- fer::data::destination. object destroy This method destroys the object. Doing so while a reception is on progress will cause errors later on, when the reception completes and tries to access the now missing data structures of the destroyed object. object start This method initiates the data reception, setting up the connection first and then copying the received information into the desti- nation. The method will throw an error if a reception is already/still in progress. I.e. it is not possible to run two receptions in parallel, only in sequence. Errors will also be thrown if the configuration of the data destination is invalid, or if no completion callback was specified. The result returned by the method the same as the result of method connect, see package transfer::connect. object busy This method returns a boolean value telling us whether a reception is in progress (True), or not (False). BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category transfer of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
channel, copy, data destination, receiver, transfer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> transfer 0.1 transfer::receiver(n)