Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: transfering files unix to pc
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers transfering files unix to pc Post 302074274 by intern on Monday 22nd of May 2006 10:41:44 AM
Old 05-22-2006
transfering files unix to pc

Hi,
I'm an intern at a business that just acquired a company that ran off the unix system. They have files on this workstation that they would like to move to a windows XP pro system, but no one (myself included) has enough unix knowledge to know how to do this. It's my understanding that this can be done with ftp, but I do not know how to do this from both the windows and the unix end.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

If it matters, it is an HP Visualize C160 system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. How do I send email?

Transfering unix file as an email attachment

I've written a a script which generates a report file, saved to a unix directory. I need to transfer it, via email, to some users. The command I'm using in my script is: (note that subject & cur_address are set in the script prior to this line) cat /u/sandyl/sm_o_commdt_archive/c | uuencode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slivi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering unix file as an email attachment

I've written a a script which generates a report file, saved to a unix directory. I need to transfer it, via email, to some users. The command I'm using in my script is: (note that subject & cur_address are set in the script prior to this line) cat /u/sandyl/sm_o_commdt_archive/c | uuencode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slivi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering files

Hi all. 1. How can i copy files from one unix system to another. should i use ftp? so How? 2. How can i create an archive whose extention is tar.gz? and how can i decompress them later? 3. WHat is RPM ? what does it stands for? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbs
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering files from one server to another.

My oracle database is generating archive logs. I want to copy those archive logs over to backup server on a regular basis. I know how to create an ftp job and I can put it in my crontab. My problem is that I don't know how to send the files just once instead of sends all the files in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alan Bird
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfering file from unix to window

Hello Sir/Madam, In my system both unix and windows xp are running, I want to transfer a file from unix to window. Sir, I m new in unix scripting ,So Please help me to solve my problem. Thanking you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Transfering file from unix server to a windows pc

Is there a way to transfer files from unix server to windows directory,other than ftp? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preet
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfering files from windows to unix box through sftp

Hello All, we have scenarion where we need to pull the Files from Windows to Unix Box through SFTP protocol. as per our analysis we did install the cygwin package on the Windows Box to have the openSSH package functionality. 1.Will openSSH help us to achieve the functionality what we are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfering files with a specific name to a folder

Hi I want to transfer all files in a folder to another folder. So the files have a ending of .lop.txt thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gisele_l
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script for transfering files

Hi, I am new to shell scripting,and i was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. All configuration should be done through a properties files.I was planning that All configuration should be done through a properties files. and finally the output should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
0 Replies

10. Linux

UNIX - FTP changing the mode while transfering the files

Hi, I have to transfer my files using FTP. Few files are in Zipped format (.Z) and few are in .PX format . For zipped files, we need to change the mode to binary while transferring the files whereas for the px files the mode should be ascii. Eg: sample1.z sample2.z sample3.z sample.px ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidlaks
2 Replies
General::Interpolated(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  General::Interpolated(3)

NAME
Config::General::Interpolated - Parse variables within Config files SYNOPSIS
use Config::General; $conf = new Config::General( -ConfigFile => 'configfile', -InterPolateVars => 1 ); DESCRIPTION
This is an internal module which makes it possible to interpolate Perl style variables in your config file (i.e. $variable or "${variable}"). Normally you don't call it directly. VARIABLES
Variables can be defined everywhere in the config and can be used afterwards as the value of an option. Variables cannot be used as keys or as part of keys. If you define a variable inside a block or a named block then it is only visible within this block or within blocks which are defined inside this block. Well - let's take a look to an example: # sample config which uses variables basedir = /opt/ora user = t_space sys = unix <table intern> instance = INTERN owner = $user # "t_space" logdir = $basedir/log # "/opt/ora/log" sys = macos <procs> misc1 = ${sys}_${instance} # macos_INTERN misc2 = $user # "t_space" </procs> </table> This will result in the following structure: { 'basedir' => '/opt/ora', 'user' => 't_space' 'sys' => 'unix', 'table' => { 'intern' => { 'sys' => 'macos', 'logdir' => '/opt/ora/log', 'instance' => 'INTERN', 'owner' => 't_space', 'procs' => { 'misc1' => 'macos_INTERN', 'misc2' => 't_space' } } } As you can see, the variable sys has been defined twice. Inside the <procs> block a variable ${sys} has been used, which then were interpolated into the value of sys defined inside the <table> block, not the sys variable one level above. If sys were not defined inside the <table> block then the "global" variable sys would have been used instead with the value of "unix". Variables inside double quotes will be interpolated, but variables inside single quotes will not interpolated. This is the same behavior as you know of Perl itself. In addition you can surround variable names with curly braces to avoid misinterpretation by the parser. SEE ALSO
Config::General AUTHORS
Thomas Linden <tlinden |AT| cpan.org> Autrijus Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> Wei-Hon Chen <plasmaball@pchome.com.tw> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 by Wei-Hon Chen <plasmaball@pchome.com.tw>. Copyright 2002-2010 by Thomas Linden <tlinden |AT| cpan.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> VERSION
2.13 perl v5.12.1 2010-04-09 General::Interpolated(3)