Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators One Humble request to MODERATORS Post 302074196 by Perderabo on Sunday 21st of May 2006 11:47:55 AM
Old 05-21-2006
I actually bypass many questions because I feel that a lot of people can answer them. And you're right...the person who answers a question often benefits as much as the person who asked it. But I'm not going to ask anyone to throttle down their rate of answering questions. We want to be a source of answers, not a source of questions. The way to see more unanswered questions is to logon frequently during the day. We have a lot of people who can answer the easier questions and so the easier questions will not tend to sit around for hours. But, on the other hand, some of them do fall though the cracks and these will not show up on a "new posts" search. I just opened the advanced search page, and searched all forums for threads posted in the past two weeks with at most 0 replies. I am now looking at three pages of questions. And, yes, a few of these look rather easy.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

about moderators..

sorry to ask this question(if u find difficulty): what you (unix.com moderators) will did and doing now? ie how u r selected as a "moderator" for unix.com and is unix.com is what ur full time job or it is ur part time job like that.. and is this forum is what the most popular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
5 Replies
MODERATORS(5)							File Formats Manual						     MODERATORS(5)

NAME
moderators - mail addresses for moderated Usenet newsgroups DESCRIPTION
The GetModeratorAddress(3) routine reads the file /etc/news/moderators to determine how to reach the moderator of a newsgroup. This is used by inews(1) when an unapproved local posting is made to a moderated newsgroup. The file is read until a match is found. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign (``#'') are ignored. All other lines should consist of two fields separated by a colon. The first field is a wildmat(3)-style pattern. If it matches the name of the newsgroup, then the second field is taken to be a format string for sprintf(3). This string should have at most one %s parameter, which will be given the name of the newsgroup with periods transliterated to dashes. Here is a sample file: foo.important:announce-request@foo.com foo.*:%s@mailer.foo.com gnu.*:%s@prep.ai.mit.edu *:%s@uunet.uu.net Using the above file, postings to the moderated newsgroup in the left column will be sent to the address shown in the right column: foo.important announce-request@foo.com foo.x.announce foo-x-announce@mailer.foo.com gnu.emacs.sources gnu-emacs-sources@prep.ai.mit.edu comp.sources.unix comp-sources-unix@uunet.uu.net HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.15, dated 1996/09/06. SEE ALSO
inews(1), inn.conf(5), libinn(3), wildmat(3). MODERATORS(5)