Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting READING mail from /var/mail/user Post 302074165 by petoSVK on Saturday 20th of May 2006 07:50:06 PM
Old 05-20-2006
THIS IS ONE MESSAGE(TEXT in RED is written by MAIL program as Message content - I'd like the same):
Code:
From newbie@gmail.com Thu May 18 10:17:58 2006
Return-Path: <newbie@gmail.com>
Received: from relay.cv.cm (relay.cv.cm[147.32.80.7])
	by cv.cm (8.12.10+Sun/8.12.10) with ESMTP id k4I8Hw9W010121
	for <newbie@cv.cm>; Thu, 18 May 2006 10:17:58 +0200 (MEST)
Received: from py-out-1112.google.com (py-out-1112.google.com [64.233.166.181])
	by relay.cv.cm (8.13.4/8.13.4) with ESMTP id k4I8Hanf067227
	for <cv.cm>; Thu, 18 May 2006 10:17:55 +0200 (CEST)
	(envelope-from newbie@gmail.com)
Received: by py-out-1112.google.com with SMTP id t32so538943pyc
        for <newbie@cv.cm>; Thu, 18 May 2006 01:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
        s=beta; d=gmail.com;
        h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;
        b=nX4ViyhbdhgEfk92jDdHtfB1+4gGMImzF5znA9m/g3tJsqhAzg9LPI/b3NllfQB51SpfbP8NyG9oh8W7LSB8d9xBINz2rdPPX4HIAGBqSYvbOKod4eNU=
Received: by 10.35.40.10 with SMTP id s10mr241034pyj;
        Thu, 18 May 2006 01:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.35.9.4 with HTTP; Thu, 18 May 2006 01:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
Message-ID: <7a04f4e906051098098516abbab9@mail.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 01:17:55 -0700
To: newbie@cv.cm
Subject: Noooo
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; 
	boundary="----=_Part_107903_11845770.1147940275262"
X-FELK-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the ISP for more information
X-FELK-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-FELK-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (score=-0.388,
	required 5, BAYES_00 -2.60, HTML_MESSAGE 0.00,
	HTML_SHORT_LENGTH 1.57, SARE_MSGID_LONG40 0.64, SPF_PASS -0.00)
X-FELK-MailScanner-From: newbie@gmail.com

Content-Length: 495

------=_Part_107903_11845770.1147940275262
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Nemam co napssaaat.

sssss

------=_Part_107903_11845770.1147940275262
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<div>Nemam co napssaaat.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>sssss</div>

------=_Part_107903_11845770.1147940275262--

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I zero var/spool/mail/mail

The mail file in the directory var/spool/mail is very large. Can I zero this (>) without losing any unopened mails there may be? There are about 10 mail accounts. Using RedHat Linux. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisheazle
0 Replies

2. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I read mail in /var/spool/mail?

How can I read mail sent to /var/spool/mail? I do not have pine installed so forget about that...is there some generic utility I can use? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/spool/mail

Hi, How can i get my mail on either /var/spool/mail or /var/mail? I use mail and sendmail command to send mail. But everytime I send mail it comes to my outlook inbox and when I check with mail command I get the message "No mail for siba". (Note siba is my user Id.) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail going to /var/spool/mqueue instead of being sent

Hello, I have a bunch of cron jobs in the crontab. For some reason mail from the cron jobs started going to /var/spool/mqueue instead of being sent. Does anyone know why mail from cron jobs would go to the queue instead of being sent? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parse /var/mail

Hi all... We have a box that receives a lot of incoming emails. I have a .procmailrc file that in turn invokes a python script, which process each of these incoming email. All is nice and good. However, before the .procmailrc and python script were in place, we still were receiving emails and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khader69
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

importance of /var/mail

Hi When an entry will be made to the file /var/mail/<user-id> . I have 100 scripts under a specific user id(dgircc) in cron .SO inrder to check the whether the script has sucessfully run or not and if not to generate an email if i mention the code like #!/bin/ksh -p 2 fsize=`ls -lrt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

9. AIX

/var/spool/mail/ issues

Hi My box is running with AIX 6100-06 and Im the root user of this box My /var gets filled up often to 100% When I investigate I find that it is the below file which increases rapidly /var/spool/mail/pdgadmin I dont know why this file is growing up. Can any one assist me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
DACSEMAIL(1)						       DACS Commands Manual						      DACSEMAIL(1)

NAME
dacsemail - Simple outgoing email agent SYNOPSIS
dacsemail [-bcc addr] [{-bf | --bodyfile} path] [{-bs | --bodystring} string] [-cc addr] [-ct value] [{-f | --from} from] [-h | --help] [-header name value] [{-mailer | -mta} path] [{-mailer-flags | -mta-flags} string] [-p | --prompt] [-save path] [{-s | --subject} subject] [-sender sender] [{-t | --to} addr] [-transform] [-v | --verbose] [-var name value] DESCRIPTION
This program is part of the DACS suite. The dacsemail utility is a simple agent for sending email messages. It is a stand-alone program that neither accepts the usual DACS command line options (dacsoptions[1]) nor accesses any DACS configuration files. dacsemail constructs an RFC 822[2] format message but does not transmit it. It requires an external mailer, such as sendmail(8)[3], to transfer the message. The mailer command and its arguments can be specified on the dacsemail command line (see -mailer) or at build time (see dacs.install(7)[4]). OPTIONS
If the source for the message body is not specified on the command line, it will be read from the standard input. At least one recipient must be specified using -t, -cc, or -bcc. -bcc addr Send the message to the undisclosed recipient address addr. It is the responsibility of the mailer to delete these recipient addresses before transmitting the message. This flag may be repeated. -bf path --bodyfile path Read the message body from path. If path is -, the standard input is read. -bs string --bodystring string Use string as the message body. -cc addr Send the message to recipient addr as a carbon copy. This flag may be repeated. -ct value Add a Content-type header of MIME type value to the message. If value is multipart/alternative, an appropriate boundary variable will be created, unless one has already been specified on the command line with the -var flag. It is assumed that the message body has already been correctly formatted for this MIME type, or will be after it has been transformed (see -transform). -f from --from from Use from as the value of the message's From header. -h --help Print usage information and then exit. -header name value Add a message header named name with value value. This flag should only be used for headers that do not have specific flags (-t, -ct, -f, and so on). -mailer path -mta path Use the message transfer agent command path (a full pathname) instead of the configured program. This program must read the message from its standard input and extract the list of recipients from the message's To, Cc, and Bcc headers. (If such a mailer is unavailable, it will be necessary to write a small program to wrap a mailer and provide the required interface to dacsemail.) The default is to run sendmail(8)[3] with its -t flag. -mailer-flags string -mta-flags string Regardless of the mailer, use string for its command line flags. -p --prompt Just before the message is to be sent, display it (to stderr) and wait for the user to respond to a prompt. At the prompt, the user may abort the message or allow it to be sent. -save path Just before sending (or prompting), write a copy of the outgoing message to path, replacing any previous contents of the file. -s subject --subject subject Set the message's Subject header to subject. -sender sender Set the message's Sender header to sender. -t addr --to addr Add addr as a "To" recipient. This flag may be repeated. -transform The message body, regardless of how it is specified, is filtered through the DACS transformation function. Please refer to dacs_transform(8)[5] for details. No access control rules may be associated with any transformation; i.e., they are all unconditional. A similar effect can be obtained by piping the output of dacstransform(1)[6] into dacsemail. -v --verbose Enable verbose output for debugging. -var name value Create a variable[7] named name set to value for the transform function. The variable's value can be referenced within the message body in the DACS namespace as ${DACS::name}. The variable must not already be defined. EXAMPLES
Suppose the myfile contains the following text: <!--DACS expand="*" --> This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --${DACS::boundary} Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, ${DACS::user}! --${DACS::boundary} Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <p> <font color="red">Hello, ${DACS::user}!</font> </p> --${DACS::boundary}-- <!--DACS end="*" --> The following command might be used to send a message with a multipart/alternative structured body: % dacsemail -ct multipart/alternative -f auggie@example.com -t harley@example.com -s "Hello" -transform -var user Auggie -bf myfile The resulting message will look something like the following: To: harley@example.com From: auggie@example.com Subject: Hello Content-type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_----------=_03885942562898683484" Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:48:41 -0700 (PDT) Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-mailer: DACS 1.4.24a This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --_----------=_03885942562898683484 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Auggie! --_----------=_03885942562898683484 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <p> <font color="red">Hello, Auggie!</font> </p> --_----------=_03885942562898683484-- FILES
None. DIAGNOSTICS
The program exits 0 if everything was fine, 1 if an error occurred. Error messages are printed to stderr. Errors and routine messages from the mailer are recorded wherever they usually logged, outside of DACS BUGS
This program's primary purpose is for testing DACS functionality that is needed for internal purposes. No significant improvements are envisioned. You could throw a rock and hit a better email agent. SEE ALSO
dacs.exprs(5)[8], dacs.install(7)[4], dacs_transform(8)[5], sendmail(8)[3] AUTHOR
Distributed Systems Software (www.dss.ca[9]) COPYING
Copyright2003-2012 Distributed Systems Software. See the LICENSE[10] file that accompanies the distribution for licensing information. NOTES
1. dacsoptions http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.1.html#dacsoptions 2. RFC 822 http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc822.txt 3. sendmail(8) http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=sendmail&apropos=0&sektion=8&manpath=FreeBSD+9.0-RELEASE&format=html 4. dacs.install(7) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.install.7.html#configure_options 5. dacs_transform(8) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs_transform.8.html 6. dacstransform(1) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacstransform.1.html 7. a variable http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.exprs.5.html#variable_syntax 8. dacs.exprs(5) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.exprs.5.html#transform 9. www.dss.ca http://www.dss.ca 10. LICENSE http://dacs.dss.ca/man/../misc/LICENSE DACS 1.4.27b 10/22/2012 DACSEMAIL(1)