Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting environment variables in Makefile Post 302074107 by Bags on Friday 19th of May 2006 04:58:42 PM
Old 05-19-2006
The solution is:
Code:
ANT_HOME := /usr/local/ant
JAVA_HOME := /usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0_06
PATH := ${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin

tinker:
        @echo ${ANT_HOME}
        @echo ${JAVA_HOME}
        @echo ${PATH}
        ant

Enjoy.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting environment variables ???

Hello, I want to set some environment variables with this script: ip=$@ echo Remote Computer: $ip PERLDB_OPTS="CallKomodo=$ip:9000 RemotePort=$ip:9010 PrintRet=0" export PERLDB_OPTS PERL5LIB=/opt/komodo export PERL5LIB echo PERLDB_OPTS: $PERLDB_OPTS echo PERL5LIB: $PERL5LIB But it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gargamel
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting up Environment Variables

Hi all, I am trying to set up some variables in a shell script. The variables contain values of various paths needed to run a java module. The problem is the variables dont seem to be setting at all. here is what i am trying to do : JAR_HOME=/home/was5/bdcms/scheduledjobs/lib export... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpandey
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Setting environment variables within cron jobs!!

Is it possible to use environment variables within cron jobs. I am using a cron job to run a c program at regular intervals. The C program uses a library and i have set the library path in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. But when i ran the job i got the error library not found!! Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atheek
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Setting Environment variables in TCSH

Hello All, I am writing a script to set some environment variables which are required for a particular application. I understand that the environment variables set by Shell script can, at the max, be valid for the session. They will have to be set again once the session is closed and re-opened.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kssandeep
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change makefile environment variables

this is my first post so Hello, here is my question @top level Makefile should not set values for environment variables FC, CC, FFLAGS (etc) but use the ones that mpi_make sets. So as you can see i have to run an mpi program, in fortran and i am supposed to do the above.the program was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kwstas
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with setting up environment variables

hi all, I would appreciate if some one could explain me the difference between setting up the variables as shown below HOME=${HOME:-"/home/user1"} HOME=/home/user1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SSSB
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting Environment Variables

#!/bin/bash if ; then ASS1_DATA_DIR=./ echo $ASS1_DATA_DIR export ASS1_DATA_DIR echo "data dir" fi if ; then ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR=./ export ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR fi I want to create a new environment variable ASS1_DATA_DIR and ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR in bash and set them to the current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up environment variables

Hi all, This is my first post here. I need to set up a few environment variables with a shell script. Some are hard-coded, but some should come from other commands or as input from the user. How do I do that? For example, I need to export a variable as such: export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:8.0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: exchequer598
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting environment variables with space

Hi, I'm having problems setting environment variable that has space value. Below is my shell script. export LINE=$@ TO=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $1}'` CC=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $2}'` BC=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $3}'` echo "TO=$TO" echo "CC=$CC" echo "BC=$BC" echo "1=$1" echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting environment variables from a file :

Hi, I have around 10 environment variables in my shell script. i want to set this all in a file and just call that file in my shell script. How can i do that ? Please help. TIA! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
6 Replies
Makefile::AST::Evaluator(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Makefile::AST::Evaluator(3pm)

NAME
Makefile::AST::Evaluator - Evaluator and runtime for Makefile::AST instances SYNOPSIS
use Makefile::AST::Evaluator; $Makefile::AST::Evaluator::JustPrint = 0; $Makefile::AST::Evaluator::Quiet = 1; $Makefile::AST::Evaluator::IgnoreErrors = 1; $Makefile::AST::Evaluator::AlwaysMake = 1; $Makefile::AST::Evaluator::Question = 1; # $ast is a Makefile::AST instance: my $eval = Makefile::AST::Evaluator->new($ast); Makefile::AST::Evaluator->add_trigger( firing_rule => sub { my ($self, $rule, $ast_cmds) = @_; my $target = $rule->target; my $colon = $rule->colon; my @normal_prereqs = @{ $rule->normal_prereqs }; # ... } ); $eval->set_required_target($user_makefile) $eval->make($goal); DESCRIPTION
This module implementes an evaluator or a runtime for makefile ASTs represented by Makefile::AST instances. It "executes" the specified GNU make AST by the GNU makefile semantics. Note that, "execution" not necessarily mean building a project tree by firing makefile rule commands. Actually you can defining your own triggers by calling the add_trigger method. (See the "SYNOPSIS" for examples.) In other words, you can do more interesting things like plotting the call path tree of a Makefile using Graphviz, or translating the original makefile to another form (like what the makesimple script does). It's worth mentioning that, most of the construction algorithm for topological graph s (including implicit rule application) have already been implemented in Makefile::AST and its child node classes. CONFIGURE VARIABLES
This module provides several package variables (i.e. static class variables) for controlling the behavior of the evaluator. Particularly the user needs to set the $AlwaysMake variable to true and $Question to true, if she wants to use the evaluator to do special tasks like plotting dependency graphs and translating GNU makefiles to other format. Setting $AlwaysMake to true will force the evaluator to ignore the timestamps of external files appeared in the makefiles while setting $Question to true will prevent the evaluator from executing the shell commands specified in the makefile rules. Here's the detailed listing for all the config variables: $Question This variable corresponds to the command-line option "-q" or <--question> in GNU make. Its purpose is to make the evaluator enter the "questioning mode", i.e., a mode in which "make" will never try executing rule commands unless it has to, "and" echoing is suppressed at the same time. $AlwaysMake This variable corresponds to the command-line option "-B" or "--always-make". It forces re-constructing all the rule's targets related to the goal, ignoring the timestamp or existence of targets' dependencies. $Quiet It corresponds to GNU make's command-line option "-s", "--silent", or "--quiet". Its effect is to cancel the echoing of shell commands being executed. $JustPrint This variable corresponds to GNU make's command line option "-n", "--just-print", "--dry-run", or "--recon". Its effect is to print out the shell commands requiring execution but without actually executing them. $IgnoreErrors This variable corresponds to GNU make's command line option "-i" or "--ignore-errors"ieXXIt's used to ignore the errors of shell commands being executed during the make process. The default behavior is quitting as soon as a shell command without the "-" modifier fails. CLASS TRIGGERS
The "make_by_rule" method of this class defines a trigger named "firing_rule" via the Class::Trait module. Everytime the "make_by_rule" method reaches the trigger point, it will invoke the user's processing handler with the following three arguments: the self object, the Makefile::AST::Rule object, and the corresponding "Makefile::AST::Command" object in the context. By registering his own processing handlers for the "firing_rule" trigger, the user's code can reuse the evaluator to do his own cool things without traversing the makefile ASTs himself. See the "SYNOPSIS" for code examples. CODE REPOSITORY
For the very latest version of this script, check out the source from http://github.com/agentzh/makefile-parser-pm <http://github.com/agentzh/makefile-parser-pm>. There is anonymous access to all. AUTHOR
Zhang "agentzh" Yichun "<agentzh@gmail.com>" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2007-2008 by Zhang "agentzh" Yichun (agentzh). This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Makefile::AST, Makefile::Parser::GmakeDB, pgmake-db, makesimple, Makefile::DOM. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-17 Makefile::AST::Evaluator(3pm)