Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Security Standards...
Operating Systems Solaris Security Standards... Post 302074072 by hegemaro on Friday 19th of May 2006 11:58:00 AM
Old 05-19-2006
I have found the "NSA Guide to the Secure Configuration of Solaris 8" an excellent starting point for server hardening. There are numerous documents available from Sun on their SunSolve site but I'd start here.

http://www.nsa.gov/snac/downloads_all.cfm

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Coding Standards

Hi, I am looking for some coding standards for Unix Shell Scripting. Can anyone help me out in this? Regards, Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu_s
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Standards

I have been asked to put together some coding standards for the project I am assigned to. I have found documented standards for C/C++, Java but was wondering if there is a good place for UNIX scripting (Korn/Bourne) standards? Does anyone know of a good place to find information on scripting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
3 Replies

3. Programming

UNIX version standards

I'm new to UNIX programming. I'm used to starting my program's versions at 1.0, but I look at all the UNIX programs out there and see things like 0.000.1 or 3.3.000 and I'm wondering what these things really mean. Do people just type anything they feel in there? Are things in pre-release... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirni
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

Security Standards for Redhat Enterprise 3...

Hi all, Thanks for reading and any posts. Quick question, has anyone out there got any suggestions for standards of security for Redhat enterprise 3. We are making an RAC cluster Oracle application using Oracle 9i (hopefully moving to 10g sooner rather than later). Thanks again for any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
0 Replies

5. Programming

Is gcc compliant with the C++ standards

Hello Friends, I am a newbie and have started using different compilers and tools to make myself familiar with their workings. I wanted to know that how compliant is gcc with the C++ standards. It is pretty obvious that no compiler is close to being completely compliant, but if there are some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hthapar
7 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)