Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what's the debug command for perl scripts Post 302074008 by dayanandra on Friday 19th of May 2006 08:29:58 AM
Old 05-19-2006
what's the debug command for perl scripts

Hi,

Can you please let me know if there's any debug command for perl scripts

set -x for shell scripts
This User Gave Thanks to dayanandra For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kill a debug command

once I run the debug command for a program, I can't get back to the prompt afterwards. I'm sure there is some escape sequence that will get me back there, but I don't know what it is. Anyone know?--thanks--AJ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJA
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to write perl substitute command in shell scripts

How to write perl substitute command in shell script without invoking a perl script file seperately. for ex: shell script to relace IT with CSC in a file using perl substitute command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: param_it
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange net::SFTP Perl module debug entry

I installed Net::sftp on a solaris 8 server and I am able to successfully transfer files to the remote server. I am running the command out of a script with debug=1 on so I can see the verbose output. The last two lines of the debug output show it couldn't fsetstat, but I don't know what that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: NET::FTP..>Debug Messages

HI All, NET::FTP->new($server, DEBUG=>1); I need to get all the Debug Messages in an array or a file.... Please suggest!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cannot run command line scripts in perl or gawk

I originally posted this to a different forum (I am a new Perl user) and realized the error so I will ask here. I am on a WindowsXP machine trying to run perl and gawk scripts from the command line. I have perl and gawk installed and environment set to C:\perl\bin and cannot get a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 10000springs
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: a way to see a sub code in debug mode: perl -de 0 ?

Is there a way to see or print a sub code? Sometime a sub could be already defined, but in the debug mode (so, interactively) it could be already out of screen. So, I would think about a way to check if the sub is defined (just 'defined' is not a problem) and how it is defined. Also, if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging perl and shell debug mode.

I have a shell program which calls a perl program. I am running the shell program with command; $ ksh -x <prog_name> Inside the shell program, I am calling perl with warnings. I want to capture the entire output as it comes on screen. The command I tried is: $ ksh -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug perl script

Hi, I am trying to get squid up and running using a redirector process, and every time I try to load a web page, squid fails miserably. Can some one with perl and squid knowledge take a look at these codes and tell if something is wrong here. #!/usr/bin/perl # $| = 1; @endings = qw/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Debug Stepping Answering Questions

I am new to perl and want to get a little better understanding of debugging code in perl. I have a perl script that has questions to be answered like: he following PERL modules are recommended: Crypt::DES Crypt::PasswdMD5 IO::Pty Net::Write::Layer2 String::CRC32 Attempt to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.12.3 2011-06-11 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)