Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 *** Post 302073956 by norsk hedensk on Thursday 18th of May 2006 11:10:49 PM
Old 05-19-2006
oh thanks for spotting that. i wrote simple loops just to test it out, but obviously i havent been able to get that far.

that is all the code, the entire header file. it compiles fine with no warnings what so ever.

maybe its my system? id try running it on my server but i dont want to risk bringing that down.

heres a simple driver program, this just hangs, it dosnt even print the message in there that is before the creation of the Dynamicarray objects:

Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <string>

#include "Dynamicarray.h"

using namespace std;

int main()
{
	cout << "before object creation...";

Dynamicarray <int> newArray(5);
	Dynamicarray <string> newArray2;

for(int i = 0; i < newArray.size(); i++)
	{
		newArray.add(i);
	}

cout << "newArray with size of 5: " << endl;

for(int i = 0; i < newArray.size(); i++)
	{
		cout << " " << newArray.get_val(i) << " ";
	}

cout << "newArray2 with type string, undefined size: " << endl;

string s1 = "using";
	string s2 = "my";
	string s3 = "dynamic";
	string s4 = "array..";
	string s5 = "with templates";

newArray2.add(s1);
	newArray2.add(s2);
	newArray2.add(s3);
	newArray2.add(s4);
	newArray2.add(s5);

for(int i = 0; i < newArray2.size(); i++)
	{
		cout<< " " << newArray2.get_val(i) << " ";
	}

}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 ***

hi, I have made a small C program that make use of malloc and free for processing bitmap images. when i try to run the program, I am getting a error something like *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 *** I am not sure of which free() is causing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbreddy
1 Replies

2. Programming

Pointer to a struct (with pointers) *** glibc detected *** double free

I am using a structure defined as follows struct gene_square { double *x; double *y; };I have class, with a member function which is a pointer of this type: gene_square* m_Genes;I am allocating memory in the constructors like this: m_Genes = new gene_square; for (ii=0;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatoo
1 Replies

3. Programming

Why does this occur? *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x10013ff8 ***

there seems not to be error in this segment. In some computers, it can work well. But in others, it will give a failure. why it ocurrs and how to deal with it? in a function: if( *ver == NULL ) { *ver = (vertex *) malloc(sizeof(vertex)); //this line ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
17 Replies

4. Programming

solved: glibc detection corruption using a fork in popen

Hi, I am having a hell of a time getting this to work. So basically, I have opened a popen to run a program that is going to prompt an action to occur half way through, when it gets to this I need to create a separate process and do some stuff, then return to the original process. This works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrank27
0 Replies

5. Programming

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out: malloc(): memory corruption (fast):

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out: malloc(): memory corruption (fast): Posted A minute ago M trying to make multiway tree and dont know what happend when this part of code get executed: 01void ins(NODE *ptr) 02{ 03 //working 04 if(ptr!=NULL) 05 { 06 SNODE *var=NULL; 07 var=(SNODE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: exgenome
3 Replies

6. Programming

*** glibc detected *** : malloc(): memory corruption (fast)

Hi Friends, while executing the below code, am getting *** glibc detected *** ./ok: malloc(): memory corruption (fast) error, please suggest how to solve this issue. #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <sqlca.h> #include <alloca.h> /* Define constants for VARCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpjobsrch
2 Replies

7. Programming

FORTRAN: double free or corruption

Hello. I'm looking for a quite "interesting" bug I'm using fortran 90, compiler gfortran and the main idea is for every time step I build a bin structure for search contact between particles, for this at the begining TYPE :: circle_index INTEGER(kind = 4) :: ind_p TYPE(circle_index),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marce
1 Replies

8. Programming

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out malloc() memory corruption

I am facing a problem of memory corruption. The loop runs for the first time but does not go through the second time. What could be the problem? for(int z=0;z<2;z++) { fp=fopen("poly.dat","r"); /*do something which reads this file into a 2D array*/ fclose(fp); ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dare
10 Replies

9. Programming

C++ glibc detected double free or corruption(!prev) using shared library

Currently I test a shared library vendor provided in linux , the following is the simple source : #include <iostream> using namespace std; extern int test1(); extern int test2(); int main() { cout << "hello world" << endl ; return 0 ; cout << "Test 1" << endl; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barfatchen
6 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies
CXXTESTGEN(1)							    User Manual 						     CXXTESTGEN(1)

NAME
cxxtestgen - Generates test source files for CxxTest SYNOPSIS
cxxtestgen [options] [-o output] <file> ... DESCRIPTION
This script parses the files provided and generates an output source file that can be build with traditional compiler to produce the test- runner executable. OPTIONS
-h --help Show help message and exit. --version Write the CxxTest version. -o NAME --output=NAME Write output to file NAME. -w WORLD --world=WORLD The label of the tests, used to name the XML results. --include=HEADER Include file HEADER in the test runner before other headers. --abort-on-fail Abort tests on failed asserts (like xUnit). --main=MAIN Specify an alternative name for the main() function. --headers=FILENAME Specify a filename that contains a list of header files that are processed to generate a test runner. --runner=CLASS Create a test runner that processes test events using the class CxxTest::CLASS. The currently available runners are: - ErrorPrinter This is the standard error printer, which formats its output to the standard output stream (std::cout). Same as --error-printer. - ParenPrinter Identical to ErrorPrinter except that it prints line numbers in parantheses. This is the way Visual Studio expects it. - StdioPrinter The same as ErrorPrinter except that it uses printf instead of std::cout. - XmlPrinter Print test results to an XML file. - XUnitPrinter This test listener generates output using both ErrorPrinter and XmlPrinter. Same as --xunit-printer. --gui=CLASS Create a GUI test runner that processes test events using the class CxxTest::CLASS. (deprecated) --error-printer Create a test runner using the ErrorPrinter class, and allow the use of the standard library. --xunit-printer Create a test runner using the XUnitPrinter class. --xunit-file=XUNIT-FILE The file to which the XML summary is written for test runners using the XUnitPrinter class. The default XML filename is TEST-<WORLD>.xml, where <WORLD> is the value of the --world option. (default: cxxtest) --have-std Use the standard library (even if not found in tests). --no-std Do not use standard library (even if found in tests). --have-eh Use exception handling (even if not found in tests). --no-eh Do not use exception handling (even if found in tests). --longlong=TYPE Use TYPE as for long long integers. The default is for 'no' long long integer type to be specified, which is consistent with the current C++ standard. --no-static-init Do not rely on static initialization in the test runner. --template=TEMPLATE Generate the test runner using file TEMPLATE to define a template. --root Write the main() function and global data for a test runner. --part Write the tester classes for a test runner. -f --fog-parser Use new FOG C++ parser (Python 2.7 is required). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Sandia Corporation This software is distributed under the LGPL License v2.1 Under the terms of Contract DE-AC04-94AL85000 with Sandia Corporation, the U.S. Government retains certain rights in this software This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY. CxxTest generator version 4 2012-01-06 CXXTESTGEN(1)