Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 *** Post 302073892 by Corona688 on Thursday 18th of May 2006 11:52:15 AM
Old 05-18-2006
Is it legal to allocate an array of size zero? I know you can in C, it just bumps the size up to the minimum, but in C++, I'm not so sure.

[edit] Occurred to me that it could be something in T crashing, rather than the template class

Last edited by Corona688; 05-18-2006 at 01:02 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 ***

hi, I have made a small C program that make use of malloc and free for processing bitmap images. when i try to run the program, I am getting a error something like *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 *** I am not sure of which free() is causing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbreddy
1 Replies

2. Programming

Pointer to a struct (with pointers) *** glibc detected *** double free

I am using a structure defined as follows struct gene_square { double *x; double *y; };I have class, with a member function which is a pointer of this type: gene_square* m_Genes;I am allocating memory in the constructors like this: m_Genes = new gene_square; for (ii=0;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatoo
1 Replies

3. Programming

Why does this occur? *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x10013ff8 ***

there seems not to be error in this segment. In some computers, it can work well. But in others, it will give a failure. why it ocurrs and how to deal with it? in a function: if( *ver == NULL ) { *ver = (vertex *) malloc(sizeof(vertex)); //this line ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
17 Replies

4. Programming

solved: glibc detection corruption using a fork in popen

Hi, I am having a hell of a time getting this to work. So basically, I have opened a popen to run a program that is going to prompt an action to occur half way through, when it gets to this I need to create a separate process and do some stuff, then return to the original process. This works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrank27
0 Replies

5. Programming

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out: malloc(): memory corruption (fast):

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out: malloc(): memory corruption (fast): Posted A minute ago M trying to make multiway tree and dont know what happend when this part of code get executed: 01void ins(NODE *ptr) 02{ 03 //working 04 if(ptr!=NULL) 05 { 06 SNODE *var=NULL; 07 var=(SNODE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: exgenome
3 Replies

6. Programming

*** glibc detected *** : malloc(): memory corruption (fast)

Hi Friends, while executing the below code, am getting *** glibc detected *** ./ok: malloc(): memory corruption (fast) error, please suggest how to solve this issue. #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <sqlca.h> #include <alloca.h> /* Define constants for VARCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpjobsrch
2 Replies

7. Programming

FORTRAN: double free or corruption

Hello. I'm looking for a quite "interesting" bug I'm using fortran 90, compiler gfortran and the main idea is for every time step I build a bin structure for search contact between particles, for this at the begining TYPE :: circle_index INTEGER(kind = 4) :: ind_p TYPE(circle_index),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marce
1 Replies

8. Programming

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out malloc() memory corruption

I am facing a problem of memory corruption. The loop runs for the first time but does not go through the second time. What could be the problem? for(int z=0;z<2;z++) { fp=fopen("poly.dat","r"); /*do something which reads this file into a 2D array*/ fclose(fp); ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dare
10 Replies

9. Programming

C++ glibc detected double free or corruption(!prev) using shared library

Currently I test a shared library vendor provided in linux , the following is the simple source : #include <iostream> using namespace std; extern int test1(); extern int test2(); int main() { cout << "hello world" << endl ; return 0 ; cout << "Test 1" << endl; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barfatchen
6 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies
FMIN(3) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   FMIN(3)

NAME
fmin, fminf, fminl - determine minimum of two floating-point numbers SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double fmin(double x, double y); float fminf(float x, float y); long double fminl(long double x, long double y); Link with -lm. Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): fmin(), fminf(), fminl(): _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600 || _ISOC99_SOURCE; or cc -std=c99 DESCRIPTION
These functions the lesser value of x and y. RETURN VALUE
These functions return the minimum of x and y. If one argument is a NaN, the other argument is returned. If both arguments are NaN, a NaN is returned. ERRORS
No errors occur. VERSIONS
These functions first appeared in glibc in version 2.1. CONFORMING TO
C99, POSIX.1-2001. SEE ALSO
fmax(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2008-08-11 FMIN(3)