Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Howto Attach File with Sendmail Post 302073841 by monkfan on Thursday 18th of May 2006 05:47:32 AM
Old 05-18-2006
Howto Attach File with Sendmail

Hi,

How can I attach a file using sendmail?
I tried /A option like this:

Code:
$ /usr/bin/sendmail   toaddress@gmail.com /A afile.txt

but doesn't seem to work.

- Monkfan

Last edited by monkfan; 05-18-2006 at 07:03 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to attach a file in mail?

Hi, I want to know how to send a mail in unix using mailx or mail or sendmail to send a mail with a file attached. I have read the answers from the other threads but I still don't understand. I want to do it in the command line as well as in script. Can anyone help? DO I need to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach an excel file/ dat file thru unix mails

Hi. I want to attach a .xls or .dat file while sending mail thru unix. I have come across diff attachments sending options, but allthose embeds the content in the mail. I want the attachement to be send as such. Please help me out. regards Diwakar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diwakar82
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to attach a variable from the 2nd file to the 1st file

Hi all, I am a newbie in unix shell script world. Say, I have a list of devices in file01 and then also have file02 with the list of the location. I need to telnet to each devices in file01 and set the location according to file02. Example: #cat file01 ttnpx01 ttnpx02 nncrd01 nncrd02... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo tan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to attach a file in a email

Anyone can help me, in Unix, how can I attach a file in the email? Thank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ting123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attach file in mailx command

Hi I want ot send a mail with aatach a file for this i have tried mailx -s "COMPLETED: deal.sh" -a /usr/local/bin/test.out me@nowhere uuencode /usr/local/bin/test.out /usr/local/bin/test.out | mailx -s "COMPLETED: deal.sh" me@nowhere but of command is not working. so is there any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attach file in mailx command

Hi I want ot send a mail with aatach a file for this i have tried mailx -s "COMPLETED: deal.sh" -a root/usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/test.out me@nowhere uuencode /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/test.out /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/test.out | mailx -s "COMPLETED:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Attach a document in mail using sendmail command

Hi Guys, May i know how to attach a document using sendmail command in Linux platform.... :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santosh101
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to attach a .txt file or .log file to mail and mailx command

Hi, I am trying to attach a .log file or .txt file to mail command to send an email once my ksh script executed. I am unable to use mutt command as it has been not installed and i am not supposed to install it. I have tried many ways by googling which has not helped me to succeed. Here is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check Error File attach and email zip file

I need something to say if these two file extensions exist in this directory *err and *rpt zip up these files into one zip file and email them to me. If they don't exist wait 2 hours and check again.... Not sure how to determine if I need to do an if then statement or a while true or a for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)

NAME
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail - Log messages with sendmail. SYNOPSIS
use Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail; my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', subject => 'your subject', ); $email->log(message => $message); DESCRIPTION
With this output module it's possible to log messages via "sendmail". METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail object. The following options are possible: from The sender address (From). to The receipient address (To). cc Carbon Copy (Cc). bcc Blind Carbon Copy (Bcc) subject The subject of the mail. sender This option is identical with "sendmail -f". header With this options it's possible to set your own header. my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', header => 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => { From => 'bar@foo.example', To => 'foo@bar.example', Subject => 'my subject', 'Content-Type' => text/plain; charset= UTF-8', } ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => [ 'From: bar@foo.example', 'To: foo@bar.example', 'Subject: my subject', 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ] ); sendmail The default is set to "/usr/sbin/sendmail". params Parameters for "sendmail". The default is set to "-t". maxsize Set the maximum size of the buffer in bytes. All messages will be buffered and if "maxsize" is exceeded the buffer is flushed and the messages will be send as email. The default is set to 1048576 bytes. Set 0 if you want no buffering and send a mail for each log message. debug Set 1 if you want to enable debugging. The messages can be fetched with $SIG{__WARN__}. log() Call "log()" if you want to log a message as email. $email->log(message => "this message will be mailed"); If you pass the level then its placed into the subject: $email->log(message => "foo", level => "INFO"); $email->log(message => "bar", level => "ERROR"); $email->log(message => "baz", level => "DEBUG"); The lowest level is used: Subject: ERROR ... You can pass the level with "Log::Handler" by setting message_pattern => '%L' flush() Call "flush()" if you want to flush the buffered messages. validate() Validate a configuration. reload() Reload with a new configuration. errstr() This function returns the last error message. DESTROY
"DESTROY" is defined and called "flush()". PREREQUISITES
Carp Params::Validate EXPORTS
No exports. REPORT BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. If you send me a mail then add Log::Handler into the subject. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-11-21 Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)