Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Executable directory general question Post 302073801 by hu$h on Wednesday 17th of May 2006 05:14:39 PM
Old 05-17-2006
It gives access to the dir. e.g cd.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

General Proxy Question

Firstly I must apologise; I have posted something similar in the "general UNIX newbies" forum; but in reterospect I think that it's more appropriate here. Anyhoo; I am trying to detect whether people accessing one of my servers are coming via a proxied connection. I must add that this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Proxy Question

This is quite a general question: I am trying to detect whether people accessing my network are using a proxy server. This is *not* to ensure that web pages are not cached! The only way that I can think of doing this is to intercept at packet level and examine the source port for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Question

Hi, I've been racking my brains trying to remember, but, whats the command to change the default shell? I'm currently always in the Korn shell and I want to start out in the Bash shell. I'm running a variant of BSD I guess in Mac OS X 10.2.2 and Mandrake. Thanks. ccindyderek:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccindyderek
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

general question?

Perl, Python, and PHP are these languages easy to use? Are they command line or are they part of a GUI? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

general question on executing file in drwx--x--x directory

suppose: nevermind, i figured it out, haha... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8erppl
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Programming Question

Experience level : New to programming in Linux. Forgive my noobiness in this context with regards to programming, language or grammar. Some Background info : I have seen a lot of programs which I use (Modo and Maya especially) which can use a command line to run the different parts of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snd321
2 Replies

7. Solaris

General question about configuring DHCP on Solaris

Dears, my question is that possible to configure any server to work in solaris zone i mean any server cos i read that DHCP can't be work on solaris zone is that real or not Best Regards Alexander Corvinus (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: corvinusbsd
4 Replies

8. Linux

General compression question

I am looking for an alternate solution other than gzip or bzip2 to compress files that are 3 to 4 GB each and will be hundreds per day. Aside from increasing storage anybody found a good tool? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mykey242
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General question about folder level permissions

How is the level of access on a particular folder determined? I have heard (its just hearsay so am not particularly sure of it) that the access a particular user/group has to a low level directory is also affected by the level of access granted to the user/group on its parent directories. e.g. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
1 Replies

10. Programming

General question about learning Python

I am planning on taking a class in Python. My choices are 2.5 or 3.0. Which version should I choose? I am getting the impression they are two separate paths. thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
5 Replies
tinydyndns-conf(8)					      System Manager's Manual						tinydyndns-conf(8)

NAME
tinydyndns-conf - sets up a pop-before-dyndns service SYNOPSIS
tinydyndns-conf acct logacct dir myip mydomain DESCRIPTION
tinydyndns-conf creates a service directory dir that runs tinydns(8), and a service directory dir/pop that runs a pop3 service and updates tinydns' database after a successful login. You can run the services under svscan(8) or runsvdir(8) by creating symbolic links in the /service directory: ln -s dir /service/dir ln -s dir/pop /service/dir-pop The service will start within five seconds, and will be restarted upon reboot. You can use svc(8) to control the service. tinydyndns-conf runs tinydns-conf acct logacct dir myip to set up a DNS publication service. tinydyndns-conf modifies dir/root/Makefile to not run tinydns-data(8) upon normal request. tinydyndns-conf arranges for tcpserver(1) to listen on TCP port 110, and to start pop3front-auth(8), cvm-pwfile(8), and after a successful login tinydyndns-update(8), and pop3front-maildir(8) upon connections. tinydyndns-conf creates a setpasswd script and a default passwd database in dir/pop for the use with cvm-pwfile(8). SEE ALSO
tinydyndns-update(8), tinydyndns-data(8), tinydns(8), tcpserver(1), pop3front-auth(8), cvm-pwfile(8), pop3front-maildir(8) http://smarden.org/tinydyndns/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> tinydyndns-conf(8)