Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read filenames with space in between Post 302073703 by tayyabq8 on Wednesday 17th of May 2006 02:36:48 AM
Old 05-17-2006
Hi,

There is no reason that it doesn't work with for loop, try this:
Code:
for i in "`ls -1`"
do
echo "$i"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep white space is being deleted using read

I am using Posix shell to write a script. The problem I am having is that when I use the read command to go through a file I lose the tabs. How can I keep this from happening? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file, archive, and remove

I posted a week ago regarding this scripting question, but I need to revisit and have a few more questions answered.. User cfajohnson was extremely helpful with the archive script, but clarification on my part is needed to help steer the answer in a direction that works in this particular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can I read the space in the end of line

cat file1|while read i do echo "$i"|wc done with this command the space in the end of the line not considered how can solve that for example: read h "hgyr " echo "$h"|wc 4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ehab
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file and remove these files in multiple directories

I have a large list of filenames from an Excel sheet, which I then translate into a simple text file. I'd like to use this list, which contains various file extensions , to archive these files and then remove them recursively through multiple directories and subdirectories. So far, it looks like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to read EMC disk space

Hi I am using Solaris8.I want to find the total disk space of my server.Can anyone please tell that which field in below mentioned code signifies the disk space and whether this space is in Mb or GB. c11t0d52 <EMC-SYMMETRIX-5264 cyl 4 alt 2 hd 15 sec 64> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharmaankur85
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the filenames with space character in it

Hi, My Requirement is to read the filenames which possess space charatcer in it and pass the same file name to the other shell script as input parameter. Please provide your valuable suggestion. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read filenames in sorted order

Hi , My requirement is to scan a directory for file names with LTR.PDF* and send those files via ftp to another server one by one. Now the the problem is file names are like LTR.PDF ,LTR.PDF1 ,LTR.PDF2.....LTR.PDF10..upto 99 and these needs to be sent in sorted order. is there a way to get... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishantrk
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

space after read prompt?

Hello, Unix-Forums. How can I make a Space after a read prompt? let's assume: read -p "Are you good?:" varthe output would be ( | is the cursor ): Are you good?:|But I want it to be: Are you good?: |That's what I mean. How would I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelinside
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Read Only Permission after the space is full.

Hi, Is there any chance that a file system that mounted on the server becomes read only when the space in that file system becomes full? Regards, Sreejith (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith K
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Read space in script

Hi All, Please let me know how to read space between 2 words in script. It is reading only first chars ES,NZ. But after space it is not reading next 3 chars. ES LPI NZ GBL FR LPI DK LPI for v_sob_cntry_cd in `cat /shared/set_of_books_cntry_cd_list.lst` do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)