Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers programming question... sorta Post 302073686 by azrealhk on Tuesday 16th of May 2006 10:57:13 PM
Old 05-16-2006
This is a big subject

For shell scripts i would suggest you look at "tput" command and similar subjects, which allows you to clear screen, bold, positioning etc.

For C/C++ look at the "curses" library which does a similar job.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Shell Programming

First, I'd like to know if being a shell programmer considered a "real" programmer. is it?? also, I do create a lot of shell programs which includes full scripts to create users and maintaining records. ie phone records. now, I hear the programmer has to do some cleaning up after the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPORTANT
3 Replies

2. Programming

programming question from a newbie, please help

Hi Everyone, I really hope I could get some insight from a few of you, I've been searching the net for various resources, and this board seems to be the friendliest and most helpful by far. I work for a medical research company and we use sun 4 and we have different studies that have their... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milenky
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about about Shell programming

1.if 2.then 3. # save the number of args and first argument in variables. 4. num_args=$# 5. id="$1" 6. echo "$id" 7. #echo "$1" > crapfile.txt 8. echo `sed 's/\*/'\*'/g' < crapfile.txt` Above is a partial code.I would like to ask: at line 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thungmail
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about testing in shell programming

I have 2 different directories. The first has 2 sub-folders A and B. The second as 2 sub-folders C and D and script named "script".There is a code of "script" to list 2 sub-folders C and D #!/bin/sh for file in * do && echo $file done I would like to ask how can I make a change if I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thungmail
2 Replies

5. Programming

C programming question

How do I find multiples of a number in C programming? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aseda
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Programming question

How do I create a program that will allow a user to type in a number, while the program outputs that number in words. For example, if a user types in 21, the computer would respond with twenty-one. Please allow the program to work for 0-30. How do I let the user know if a number typed in is not in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lexydoll87
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Programming Question

Experience level : New to programming in Linux. Forgive my noobiness in this context with regards to programming, language or grammar. Some Background info : I have seen a lot of programs which I use (Modo and Maya especially) which can use a command line to run the different parts of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snd321
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Samba 3.0.33 (sorta) works, 3.5.4 doesn't

I'm trying to get a RHEL 5.4 base system to authenticate against a W2K8 domain With the stock samba-3.0.33, I can use wbinfo and getent just fine, but I cannot actually authenticate. Googling finally led to a bug that strongly suggests that 3.0.33 cannot and will never be able to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnojr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

More a logic than a programming question

hello, I'm a littlebit lost... i have a table of single names and combination of two names and i want a table of ALL single names with ALL combinations (also the indirect ones). - - - in reality the names are longer, not only a,b,.. and the table is tab-delimited, and the result table... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dietmar13
6 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)		 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	    CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote - connect to a remote CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /connect localhost 1337 --user=foo --pass=bar ... CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that allows you to connect to a machine running an instance of "CPANPLUS::Daemon", allowing remote usage of the "CPANPLUS Shell". A sample session, updating all modules on a remote machine, might look like this: CPAN Terminal> /connect --user=my_user --pass=secret localhost 1337 Connection accepted Successfully connected to 'localhost' on port '11337' Note that no output will appear until a command has completed -- this may take a while CPAN Terminal@localhost> o; i * [....] CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect CPAN Terminal> BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)