Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: terminal sessions and certs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers terminal sessions and certs Post 302073631 by x96riley3 on Tuesday 16th of May 2006 10:09:32 AM
Old 05-16-2006
Control -D and the exit command are both fine.

The process will fail if your connection is lost.

As far as certs go you don't need one. Get a Degree before anything. If you have a degree and want a cert I would get a CISSP or a Red hat cert of some sort.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssl certs

Hi all can anyone tell me how i can discover the strength of encryption in an ssl cert. I have used various methods ie apps and verisign web page but they just give me general info. I need to know the encryption level. The cert in question is used in Weblogic application for Solaris 8 any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silvaman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

novell certs ?

i want to be cne certified. how good are certmagic preps for novell exams ?. i have heared they r very close to real exams . any comments ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unaiiim
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Output terminal sessions to screen and log file

I would like to use a terminal session to ssh to switches and routers. I need to capture data while logged into switches to a file I can email for troubleshooting. I use termial to log into Cisco switch, run the sh tech command, and then sent the output to cisco. Is there a way to run a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdelliott
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clear history logs of all terminal sessions

Hi, I would normally clear off the history entries from a terminal by using the following commands: > ~/.bash_history history -c But this will remove the entries of that particular session only. How to prune all the entries of all login sessions for a particular user in a system? N.B:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

5. Solaris

openssl installing certs

First, let me openly admit that I am a dummy when it comes to openssl. I've never used it before. I am running SunOS 5.10. I am trying to install the certs for openssl but have no idea how to do that. What I have done so far: 1. Created a CSR using the following command: openssl req... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
2 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris terminal sessions terminated and also nohup jobs

Admins, We have a strange problem on our solaris zones. We have four zones on a Global server (Sun-Fire-V890; Solaris 10 Update 6) and the SSH sessions to all four zones are terminated at a specific time (11:10 PM) every night. The SSH session to the global server is not terminated. Also, any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogijp
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to Find all the SSL certs on a give host Cent OS

Hi I am trying to find all the ssl certs installed/located on cent os Host , Please help . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartguyz2012
1 Replies

8. Programming

Perl to extract ssl certs from xml file

HI Guys, I'm a newbie in perl. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract certs from apache ca-bundle.crt file?

Apache web server reads Certificate Authority(CA) certs from ../cert/ca-bundle.crt file for SSL authentication. It has all certs in PEM format and no way to know exactly what they are. I want to get each cert seperated by boundary strings into a file and feed it to "keytool" command to see what... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
7 Replies
ul(1)								   User Commands							     ul(1)

NAME
ul - do underlining SYNOPSIS
ul [-i] [-t terminal] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
ul reads the named filenames (or the standard input if none are given) and translates occurrences of underscores to the sequence which indicates underlining for the terminal in use, as specified by the environment variable TERM. ul uses the /usr/share/lib/terminfo entry to determine the appropriate sequences for underlining. If the terminal is incapable of underlining, but is capable of a standout mode then that is used instead. If the terminal can overstrike, or handles underlining automatically, ul degenerates to cat(1). If the terminal can- not underline, underlining is ignored. OPTIONS
-t terminal Override the terminal kind specified in the environment. If the terminal cannot underline, underlining is ignored. If the terminal name is not found, no underlining is attempted. -i Indicate underlining by a separate line containing appropriate dashes `-'; this is useful when you want to look at the underlining which is present in an nroff(1) output stream on a CRT-terminal. RETURN VALUES
ul returns exit code 1 if the file specified is not found. FILES
/usr/share/lib/terminfo/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cat(1), man(1), nroff(1), attributes(5) BUGS
nroff usually generates a series of backspaces and underlines intermixed with the text to indicate underlining. ul makes attempt to opti- mize the backward motion. SunOS 5.10 17 Mar 1994 ul(1)