Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command similar to doskey
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command similar to doskey Post 302073606 by halel on Tuesday 16th of May 2006 07:09:07 AM
Old 05-16-2006
i am working in a ksh ... when i change it to bash, i am able to look into the previous commands using the arrow keys... but not using the ksh..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOSKEY

I am a new UNIX user. I use SCO Openserver 5. I am also a longtime MS-DOS user (since 1981). There was a program with DOS called DOSKEY. It allowed you to assign a code to an F key; every time you pressed that F key you got the code on the command line. You could put in whatever command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimwelch4
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doskey

!HELLO SIR, Is there any Command in UNIX which will work like DOSKEY funcationaly. how can i use DOSKEY in UNIX. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: smdakram
14 Replies

3. Linux

Command that prints content of line5, or similar?

Hello all; I've been having trouble completing a script (bash) because I can't get past the issue of finding a line in a file. For example, I have a file like this: ddmmmyyyy Lon Lat 24may2003 -100.0 24.1 25may2003 -100.1 24.0 28may2003 -99.5 23.2 ....etc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lunchtime
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command similar to "touch" for modify File size

Hi All, I'm trying to find a command like similar to "touch" which would let me change the file size property. For ex: I have a file of size 1MB using the command i would like to set/update the size something like 1KB. Is it possible? Is there any such command which would accomplish this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriharshareddyk
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the similar command for "grep -v" in nawk?

Can any one please say about the below, using, grep -v "name" file.txt the result of above command will be it will print all the lines except the line which having the word "name" similarly, nawk 'c-->0;$0~s{if(b)for(c=b+1;c>1;c--)print r;print;c=a}b{r=$0}' b=0 a=1 s="name" file.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsam
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command similar to watch

Hi all, I am trying to create a file that shows the CPU usage, constantly updating (similar to TOP). So far i have a file (called test) containing: echo "The current CPU usage is:" `ps -e -o pcpu|awk 'NR > 0 { s +=$1 }; END {print s"%"}'` and then I ran the command: watch -d 0.5 -t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script similar to the command HEAD

hello please if anyone can help me make a shell script similar to the command HEAD and TAIL THANKS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BELLA86
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

another command similar to expect

Hi , I just wondering if there is any command that works similar to the expect command. I'm trying to setup a korn shell script that goes to remote servers and executes a command likes : su - username -c "script to execute " but then it'll prompt for the password so if I can provide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arizah
1 Replies

9. Linux

similar command of ptree in linux

Hello guys, Is there any command to check the all child processes of a process like `ptree`? ptree is not working in Linux.. Regards, Raghu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
3 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)