Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Sco Unixware 7.1.3 hangs in installation during loading of IDE Post 302073563 by tbgeek on Monday 15th of May 2006 05:17:12 PM
Old 05-15-2006
It may be, SCO had in 5.07 maint pack 1 an update of the wd driver. The wd driver is the IDE driver.

I would try loading SCO on a smaller drive and see if that works.

You might want to check the SCO site for any updates.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO Unixware 2.1

I am using SCO Unixware 2.1 & some PC clients are connected, suddenly one message appearslike : UX:strintercept error: dropping message this message starts coming repeatedly & agtre some time system hangs.I had to reset the system & now the problem is not there.Please suggest, why this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paprch
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unixware 7 installation problem

I got serious problem with installation of Unixware 7 on simple Intel p166 machine. Got Maxtor 850mb HDD. Everytime i try to install the system (through all install diskettes, including HBA) i got panic: PANIC: kernel-mode address fault on user address ... ...with registers and hardware stack... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nalim
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7 download

According to this thread: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=1 one guy says However, I cannot find any sco unixware7 iso download link in their download section (http://wdb1.sco.com/clbk_web/owa/dwn_customer), is it really for free, and if that is true, where can I download it? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phalcos
2 Replies

4. SCO

SCO UnixWare 7.1.3 Installation problem

I am trying to install SCO Unixware7 on compaq DL380 Server with bootable CD but it was stuck at ..... It was not going to further I have given the following unix Sco UnixWare7 .... It was giving errror "unrecogonized command", Can any one please help to completed the installation.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: visu101
4 Replies

5. SCO

Samba 3.0.24 in SCO UnixWare 7.1.4

Please help me in troubleshooting my problem in Samba? I tried to instal Samba 3.0.24 in our SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 but after installing the nmbd daemon is not running. When i check the syslog from /var/adm, the following error appears: Sep 30 13:04:22 unixeei nmbd: bind failed on port 137... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_hing
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installation issue of unixware 7.1.1

I have to install unixware 7.1.1 on an intel server which does not have an on board floppy disk. I ahve got a USB floppy drive. how could I provide HBA driver using this usb floppy drive?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhartha7m
2 Replies

7. SCO

My UnixWare SCO Server

Hi, I'm new to this Unix world and have taken over looking after the I.T side of things at work, which includes the internal ERP system which runs on a UNIX SCO platform. My initial worry is what state this is in as its been on site over 20 years. What would be the first things to check on... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
13 Replies

8. SCO

Need Help with installtion of SCO UNIXware 7.0.1

Hi, I need help to install SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Can any one help with any documentation or installation notes for SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farhandalvi
1 Replies
HYPER-V(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						HYPER-V(4)

NAME
hv_ata_pci_disengage -- Hyper-V ATA PCI Disengage driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in the system kernel configuration file: device hyperv DESCRIPTION
The hv_ata_pci_disengage driver prevents the native FreeBSD ATA driver from loading in the presence of Hyper-V. FreeBSD guests running on Hyper-V can take advantage of the Hyper-V Storage Virtual Consumer (hv_storvsc(4)) for using their IDE devices. Since the ATA driver serves IDE devices as well, there is a chance that the ATA driver may interfere with the operations of hv_storvsc(4). The hv_ata_pci_disengage driver avoids conflicts between the ATA driver and hv_storvsc(4) by disabling the ATA driver when the FreeBSD guest is booting. A side effect of disabling the ATA driver is that CDROM may become inoperational on FreeBSD guest partitions. If CDROM access is a must then users may use "set hw.ata.disk_enable=1" at boot time to prevent the ATA driver from being disabled. SEE ALSO
hv_netvsc(4), hv_storvsc(4), hv_utils(4), hv_vmbus(4) HISTORY
Support for hv_ata_pci_disengage first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. The driver was developed through a joint effort between Citrix Incorpo- rated, Microsoft Corporation, and Network Appliance Incorporated. AUTHORS
FreeBSD support for hv_ata_pci_disengage was first added by Microsoft BSD Integration Services Team <bsdic@microsoft.com>. BSD
September 10, 2013 BSD