Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ps help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ps help Post 302073550 by royal on Monday 15th of May 2006 01:29:33 PM
Old 05-15-2006
Uh-oh, let's read this rule one more time...

(10) Don't post your email address and ask for an email reply. The forums are for the benefit of all, so all Q&A should take place in the forums.

Smilie
royal

WHO(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    WHO(1)

NAME
who -- display who is logged in SYNOPSIS
who [-abdHlmpqrsTtu] [file] who am i DESCRIPTION
The who utility displays a list of all users currently logged on, showing for each user the login name, tty name, the date and time of login, and hostname if not local. Available options: -a Same as -bdlprTtu. -b Time of last system boot. -d Print dead processes. -H Write column headings above the regular output. -l Print system login processes (unsupported). -m Only print information about the current terminal. This is the POSIX way of saying who am i. -p Print active processes spawned by launchd(8) (unsupported). -q ``Quick mode'': List only the names and the number of users currently logged on. When this option is used, all other options are ignored. -r Print the current runlevel. This is meaningless on Mac OS X. -s List only the name, line and time fields. This is the default. -T Print a character after the user name indicating the state of the terminal line: '+' if the terminal is writable; '-' if it is not; and '?' if a bad line is encountered. -t Print last system clock change (unsupported). -u Print the idle time for each user, and the associated process ID. am I Returns the invoker's real user name. file By default, who gathers information from the file /var/run/utmpx. An alternative file may be specified. FILES
/var/run/utmpx SEE ALSO
last(1), mesg(1), users(1), getuid(2), utmpx(5) STANDARDS
The who utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A who utility appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
January 17, 2007 BSD