Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: One VPN question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers One VPN question Post 302073536 by tayyabq8 on Monday 15th of May 2006 11:34:09 AM
Old 05-15-2006
I think following should work for me, since in.telnetd is the only service which I want to allow thru VPN, if I would add in my /hots/inet/hosts.allow file:
Code:
in.telnetd: ALL

Couldn't test it, but I'm hopeful that it should work.

Best Regards,
Tayyab

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

VPN Issue

Hi all I wish to connect to my works network via a vpn which they have setup. the only trouble is it is more windows friendly than unix. By this I mean connecting via windows everything is automatically setup (routes etc) - not so with linux. I am a relative newbie with respect to vpn routing so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with vpn

We have an older model DG Aviion Unix system and we're trying to switch to VPN but we can't talk to the Unix box... can't ping or telnet to it, but we can talk to all our other systems (PC/NT servers). Is there a network/tcpip setting we're missing? Something we have to change/set, either on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markb
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Vpn

Hi, I have two unix networks connected via VPN via IPsec. I am using snapgear vpn devices at each location. The two devices can ping one another, as well as the unix network behind the respected devices. The unix machines can ping their local vpn devices. However, I am having issues pinging... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l8kerboi23
1 Replies

4. Linux

VPN Solutions

Hello Friends I want to know about VPN Solutions under Linux Please help me :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaibw
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VPN and then

Hi, I want to work on a remote unix server, then on a windows XP station I have a Forticlient that makes a VPN to the network on which the server is situated. But then I do not know how to work with. In DOS box (cmd BOX) I issue: telnet myserver but It does not know IT. Any idea ? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

VPN Connection

Hello, I have question about VPN connection thats, I have two networks 1-Office Network 2-Home Network both are connected to internet i have in Office network PPTP VPN Server with real or static ip and on the home network all clients working with local ip Now , I need to connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxCommandos
3 Replies

7. Solaris

VPN in Solaris

Hi All i need VPN software working in solaris i am use Cisco VPN client in windows what is the equal in solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamisux
2 Replies

8. Solaris

vpn not connecting

Hi, I have been using using internet explorer on windows for connecting with production server using vpn connection. i want to use same vpn to connect from solaris system to the production server.it is not connecting is there solution (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Vpn

Hi. Yesterday I installed Solaris 11.3 and I tried to setup a VPN but I didn't find how to make it. I saw the "network manager" where I found the ethernet connection but I didn't find where to add a VPN connection. When I used Debian Linux there was NetworkManagerVPN that with a GUI I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jena
0 Replies
telnetd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							telnetd(8)

NAME
telnetd - The DARPA telnet protocol server SYNOPSIS
telnetd [-debug [port]] [-D modifier ...] FLAGS
Starts telnetd manually, rather than through inetd, on alternate TCP port number port (if specified). Prints out debugging information. modifiers are: Prints information about negotiation of telnet options Same as options with additional processing information Displays the data stream received by telnetd Displays data written to the pty Not yet implemented DESCRIPTION
The telnetd daemon is a server that supports the DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) standard telnet virtual terminal proto- col. telnetd is invoked by the Internet server (see inetd(8)) normally for requests to connect to the telnet port as indicated by the /etc/services file (see services(4)). The -debug flag may be used, to start up telnetd manually. If started up this way, port may be specified to run telnetd on an alternate TCP port number. The -D options may be used for debugging purposes. This allows telnetd to print out debugging information to the connection, allowing the user to see what telnetd is doing. The telnetd daemon operates by allocating a pseudoterminal device (see pty(7)) for a client, then creating a login process that has the slave side of the pseudoterminal as stdin, stdout, and stderr. telnetd manipulates the master side of the pseudo-terminal, implementing the telnet protocol and passing characters between the remote client and the login process. When a telnet session is started up, telnetd sends telnet options to the client side, indicating a willingness to do remote echo of charac- ters, to suppress go ahead, to do remote flow control, and to receive terminal type information, terminal speed information, and window size information from the remote client. If the remote client is willing, the remote terminal type is propagated in the environment of the created login process. The pseudoterminal allocated to the client is configured to operate in cooked mode, and with XTABS and CRMOD enabled (see tty(7)). The telnetd daemon is willing to do: echo, binary, suppress go ahead, and timing mark. telnetd is willing to have the remote client do: line mode, binary, terminal type, terminal speed, window size, toggle flow control, environment, X display location, and suppress go ahead. The telnetd daemon never sends telnet go ahead commands. Note that binary mode has no common interpretation except between similar operating systems (Unix compatible systems in this case). Note also that the terminal type name received from the remote client is converted to lowercase. The telnet command uses the default Type-of-Service value recommended by RFC1060, which is as follows: Low delay You can configure this value by specifying it in the /etc/iptos file. For more information, see iptos(4). By default, the telnetd daemon starts the login dialog using the login string specified in the message field of the /etc/gettydefs file. If you want to use a customized banner, create an /etc/issue.net or /etc/issue file. The telnetd daemon reads the file that exists and writes its contents over a new telnet connection prior to starting the login dialog. If both files exist, only the /etc/issue.net file is used. CAUTIONS
Some telnet commands are only partially implemented. Because of bugs in the original 4.2BSD telnet(1), telnetd performs some dubious protocol exchanges to try to discover if the remote client is, in fact, a 4.2BSD telnet(1). FILES
Specifies the command path. Specifies the path name for the network issue identification file. Specifies the path name for the issue identification file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: telnet(1). Files: iptos(4), issue(4), issue.net(4). delim off telnetd(8)