Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: terminal sessions and certs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers terminal sessions and certs Post 302073531 by hu$h on Monday 15th of May 2006 11:07:25 AM
Old 05-15-2006
terminal sessions and certs

Hello

a few Q's that if anyone knows the answer to i would be grateful:

Smilie when exiting a terminal session run through a windows environment i can either type exit or use ctrl +D. I was wondering if one way was a 'cleaner' method to exit then the other or whether it is executed the same by the Unix box (HP) ?

Smilie If i had a terminal session running say for example a tar archiving command and i lost power to the computer with the terminal running (once again through a windows environment) would the program finish running. At present i am in the mind set that it would as the process would have been passed to Unix by the shell.

Smilie I live in the U.K and was wondering what the most recognized Unix/Linux certificate is? Or any recommendations as i'm very keen on doing one.

hush

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssl certs

Hi all can anyone tell me how i can discover the strength of encryption in an ssl cert. I have used various methods ie apps and verisign web page but they just give me general info. I need to know the encryption level. The cert in question is used in Weblogic application for Solaris 8 any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silvaman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

novell certs ?

i want to be cne certified. how good are certmagic preps for novell exams ?. i have heared they r very close to real exams . any comments ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unaiiim
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Output terminal sessions to screen and log file

I would like to use a terminal session to ssh to switches and routers. I need to capture data while logged into switches to a file I can email for troubleshooting. I use termial to log into Cisco switch, run the sh tech command, and then sent the output to cisco. Is there a way to run a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdelliott
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clear history logs of all terminal sessions

Hi, I would normally clear off the history entries from a terminal by using the following commands: > ~/.bash_history history -c But this will remove the entries of that particular session only. How to prune all the entries of all login sessions for a particular user in a system? N.B:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

5. Solaris

openssl installing certs

First, let me openly admit that I am a dummy when it comes to openssl. I've never used it before. I am running SunOS 5.10. I am trying to install the certs for openssl but have no idea how to do that. What I have done so far: 1. Created a CSR using the following command: openssl req... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
2 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris terminal sessions terminated and also nohup jobs

Admins, We have a strange problem on our solaris zones. We have four zones on a Global server (Sun-Fire-V890; Solaris 10 Update 6) and the SSH sessions to all four zones are terminated at a specific time (11:10 PM) every night. The SSH session to the global server is not terminated. Also, any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogijp
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to Find all the SSL certs on a give host Cent OS

Hi I am trying to find all the ssl certs installed/located on cent os Host , Please help . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartguyz2012
1 Replies

8. Programming

Perl to extract ssl certs from xml file

HI Guys, I'm a newbie in perl. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract certs from apache ca-bundle.crt file?

Apache web server reads Certificate Authority(CA) certs from ../cert/ca-bundle.crt file for SSL authentication. It has all certs in PEM format and no way to know exactly what they are. I want to get each cert seperated by boundary strings into a file and feed it to "keytool" command to see what... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
7 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)