Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: working directory shown
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers working directory shown Post 302073212 by Love on Thursday 11th of May 2006 04:05:49 AM
Old 05-11-2006
wait im working and reply u soon. ;-D

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Getting present working directory

How can I get the present working directory in unix system using c programming and stored it in a string ?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: winsonlee
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change to a new working directory...

I need to CD to a particular directory to check log files and interface files. Instead of typing the path manually, is there a way of getting a script to change my working directory to the one I need? Currently I have a script that CD's to the directories I need but a soon as the script exits,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
5 Replies

3. Solaris

what FS is shown in df -kh

Hi, On solaris 10, t5120, I don't understand what are the last 2 file systems so last 2 file systems what are they, why are they getting shown and also confused why the swap is shown so many times and different size when I set it to 16 G at the time of installing solaris 10. ( rest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

how could I get process working directory

how could I use c program to get HP UX process working directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Current working directory in prompt

Can someone tell me how do i set my current working directory in my prompt? Note: I dont want to use env variable PWD and using `pwd` gives me only my home directoy. suggest a different way ? I use /bin/sh thanks!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yesmani
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the present working directory

how to traverse through each directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab and working directory

Hi all I would like to crontab some python script I have. These have the task to write a txt file on the same directory where they are let' say 'scriptFolder'. When I schedule the script execution with crontab the file is printed out somewhere else. Is there any way to tell crontab that for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

put working directory in file

how to put pwd in my file my working directory is /usr/my_dir below my file aaaaaa bbbbbb so output file become /usr/my_dir aaaaaa bbbbbb (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulabc
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Current working directory

Hi all, How do I print the name of my current working directory only to screen? Not pwd! For example, if I was in /home/work I am looking for 'work' only (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimjam
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach .gz file in a directory -- Not working

Hi, I am trying to add for loop in my code for all the .gz files in a directory. example code: for i in $PWD/input/*.dz do echo " file is :: $i " done This is not working as expectation and the output is : file is :: /home/IB/input/*.dz However, for i in $PWD/input/*... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IB_88
5 Replies
pwd(1)								   User Commands							    pwd(1)

NAME
pwd - return working directory name SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pwd DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes an absolute path name of the current working directory to standard output. Both the Bourne shell, sh(1), and the Korn shell, ksh(1), also have a built-in pwd command. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of pwd: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. If an error is detected, output will not be written to standard output, a diagnostic message will be written to standard error, and the exit status will not be 0. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cd(1), ksh(1), sh(1), shell_builtins(1), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) DIAGNOSTICS
``Cannot open ..'' and ``Read error in ..'' indicate possible file system trouble and should be referred to a UNIX system administrator. NOTES
If you move the current directory or one above it, pwd may not give the correct response. Use the cd(1) command with a full path name to correct this situation. SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1995 pwd(1)