Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: working directory shown
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers working directory shown Post 302073204 by swchee on Thursday 11th of May 2006 02:52:34 AM
Old 05-11-2006
working directory shown

Hi,

How do I get my working directory always shown in the unix editor? i.e if I am now at /Home/abc/xyz/, I want to see this absolute path displayed ( and now only display when I type pwd).

thanks for the kind help.

Regrads

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Getting present working directory

How can I get the present working directory in unix system using c programming and stored it in a string ?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: winsonlee
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change to a new working directory...

I need to CD to a particular directory to check log files and interface files. Instead of typing the path manually, is there a way of getting a script to change my working directory to the one I need? Currently I have a script that CD's to the directories I need but a soon as the script exits,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
5 Replies

3. Solaris

what FS is shown in df -kh

Hi, On solaris 10, t5120, I don't understand what are the last 2 file systems so last 2 file systems what are they, why are they getting shown and also confused why the swap is shown so many times and different size when I set it to 16 G at the time of installing solaris 10. ( rest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

how could I get process working directory

how could I use c program to get HP UX process working directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Current working directory in prompt

Can someone tell me how do i set my current working directory in my prompt? Note: I dont want to use env variable PWD and using `pwd` gives me only my home directoy. suggest a different way ? I use /bin/sh thanks!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yesmani
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the present working directory

how to traverse through each directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab and working directory

Hi all I would like to crontab some python script I have. These have the task to write a txt file on the same directory where they are let' say 'scriptFolder'. When I schedule the script execution with crontab the file is printed out somewhere else. Is there any way to tell crontab that for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

put working directory in file

how to put pwd in my file my working directory is /usr/my_dir below my file aaaaaa bbbbbb so output file become /usr/my_dir aaaaaa bbbbbb (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulabc
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Current working directory

Hi all, How do I print the name of my current working directory only to screen? Not pwd! For example, if I was in /home/work I am looking for 'work' only (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimjam
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach .gz file in a directory -- Not working

Hi, I am trying to add for loop in my code for all the .gz files in a directory. example code: for i in $PWD/input/*.dz do echo " file is :: $i " done This is not working as expectation and the output is : file is :: /home/IB/input/*.dz However, for i in $PWD/input/*... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IB_88
5 Replies
pwd(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 pwd(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pwd - Return the absolute path of the current working directory SYNOPSIS
pwd _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns the absolute path name of the current working directory. EXAMPLE
Sometimes it is useful to change to a known directory when running some external command using exec, but it is important to keep the appli- cation usually running in the directory that it was started in (unless the user specifies otherwise) since that minimizes user confusion. The way to do this is to save the current directory while the external command is being run: set tarFile [file normalize somefile.tar] set savedDir [pwd] cd /tmp exec tar -xf $tarFile cd $savedDir SEE ALSO
file(3tcl), cd(3tcl), glob(3tcl), filename(3tcl) KEYWORDS
working directory Tcl pwd(3tcl)