Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMTP with sendmail
Special Forums IP Networking SMTP with sendmail Post 302073180 by 0ktalmagik on Wednesday 10th of May 2006 03:49:56 PM
Old 05-10-2006
SMTP with sendmail

Hi,

I have a solaris 9 box, and 2 domains A.com and B.net. the machine is on B.net.
I am not able to send emails to @A.com using mail or mailx. after reading on sendmail,
there was something about relaying and editing the file /etc/mail/relay-domains.

Please let me know if this is what i have to look into and what additions i have to make in that file.

Also whats the best way to restart sendmail(daemon).

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sendmail & SMTP

I have searched this forum extensively and can't seem to find a workable solution to my sendmail issue, but that could be down to my own lack of knowledge so please bear with me... I am using a Sun Solaris 9 box to try and send e-mail to external addresses. The Unix box is not an e-mail server.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
9 Replies

2. Solaris

Enabling sendmail with SMTP

Hi all, I want to send mails through Sendmail using SMTP server, Pls how to set that A.S.A.P. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
2 Replies

3. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 Sendmail. Need help on how to configure SMTP

Did anyone know or can provide some instructions on how to setup smtp for sendmail. All I need to do is email files from sco thru my ISP smtp provider. please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miles556
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail? Mailx? SMTP?

We require e-mails to come from one of our Solaris 10 boxes ASAP and have found that when using such things as Sendmail and Mailx all the mail goes to a Q that only fires every 15 minutes. We have tried everything we could think of to adjust this to force the Q to go every 1 minute but so far no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't configure sendmail to send mails to external SMTP Server

Hi all,I know, that this is very common issue, but I can't find where is the problem... I have Solaris 10 installed.I want to send mail to external SMTP server, like:echo "letter body"| mailx -s "subject" test@test.comBut I donno what kind of changes I have to do in /etc/hosts and sendmail.cf or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to setup Sendmail as SMTP Relay?

Hi Guys, I want to setup sendmail using my username and password on my ISP to be able to send out messages. I'm using Linux. So far, what I've done is modified the sendmail.mc with the following changes: define(`SMART_HOST',`myispsmtpoutgoingserver') FEATURE(authinfo)dnl In my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to make smtp:sendmail online from maintenance mode?

Hi Everyone, when i type "svcs -a | grep sendmail" it is giving the below output. $ svcs -a | grep sendmail disabled Nov_05 svc:/network/sendmail-client:default maintenance 10:31:52 svc:/network/smtp:sendmail Can anyone help me that how to bring svc:/network/smtp:sendmail in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sun4Oracle
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure sendmail with SMTP

Hello, I'm trying to configure sendmail with SMTP authentication on a SunOS 5.11 operating system. I have been read various documentation / tutorials and unfortunately is not working. I need help from someone who has configured smtp on this operating system. When I try to send a mail, I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4rkm4nx99
2 Replies
EXTSMAIL.EXTERNALS(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				     EXTSMAIL.EXTERNALS(1)

NAME
extsmail.externals -- configure which external commands to robustly send e-mail via DESCRIPTION
extsmail.externals is used to configure extsmaild(1). It consists of one or more group declarations. Each group consists of zero or more match / reject clauses followed by one or more external declarations. An external consists of one or more assignments of key = value pairs. When sending messages extsmaild(1) first searches through the externals file, in order, for a group whose match / reject clauses match the message in question. If a group does not contain any such clauses it automatically matches all messages. Match / reject clauses currently match only against headers, and use standard POSiX extended regular expressions (see re_format(7) for more details). extsmaild(1) then tries each external in the group, in order, to send the message successfully. The grammar for this file is as follows: group ::= { matches* external+ } matches ::= match | reject match ::= MATCH HEADER string reject ::= REJECT HEADER string external ::= EXTERNAL ID { defn+ } defn ::= ID = STRING | ID = TIME TIME ::= [0-9]+[dhms] Valid assignments within an external are: sendmail Defines the external shell command used to send e-mail. timeout If extsmaild(1) is executed in daemon mode, this value defines the length of time that extsmaild(1) will retry this external before giving up and trying the next external in the group. Times are specified as a number followed by d (days), h (hours) m (minutes), or s (seconds). If extsmaild(1) is executed in batch mode, the timeout value is ignored. FILES
The extsmail configuration file is searched for, in order, in the following locations: ~/.extsmail/externals Per-user configuration. /etc/extsmail/externals System-wide configuration. EXAMPLES
The simplest externals file sending e-mail via ssh(1) looks as follows: group { external mymachine { sendmail = "/usr/bin/ssh -q -C -l user mymachine.net /usr/sbin/sendmail" } } where mymachine is a human-friendly name given to an external (it does not effect processing), and user is the username on the remote machine mymachine.net. A more complex example using multiple groups, message matching, and multiple external commands looks as follows: group { match header "^To:.*@foo.com" external foo { sendmail = "/usr/bin/ssh -q -C -l user shell.foo.com /usr/sbin/sendmail" } } group { external mymachine { sendmail = "/usr/bin/ssh -q -C -l user mymachine.net /usr/sbin/sendmail" } external bk { sendmail = "/usr/bin/ssh -q -C -l user bk.mymachine.net /usr/sbin/sendmail" } } SEE ALSO
extsmail(1), extsmail.conf(5), extsmaild(1) AUTHORS
Laurence Tratt <http://tratt.net/laurie/> BSD
November 2, 2008 BSD