Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Top in Tru64
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Top in Tru64 Post 302073166 by fidodido on Wednesday 10th of May 2006 11:54:39 AM
Old 05-10-2006
Yeah, first thing I did. They both belong to the same group. I believe tops reads /dev/kmem and /dev/mem and both groups are allowed to read these files.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Have Top Display The Top 20 Processes??

how can i do that in a script withough havin the script halt at the section where the top command is located. am writign a script that will send me the out put of unx commands if the load average of a machine goes beyond the recommended number. top -n 20 i want to save this output to a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

download TRU64

Does anybody know where did I find Tru64 Unix software ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msudin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps report (on tru64)

hi, i have 10 processes running on a tru64 machine with 16 cpu. when i am checking the states of these processes with ps command, i saw that almost never more than 3 of them are in the R(unning) state. (generally they are in the S(leeping) state). although there are many other processes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX and Tru64

I had buy two old workstation: a Digital alpha 21164 and a HP C360... What version of tru64 on alpha and HP-UX on HP C360 run on those boxes? Where i can buy/download a small/workstation-base (if exists) version of those operating system ? Tnx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antani
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tru64

hi i am trying to get ssh server on tru64 5.1 can anyone help? thanks ed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deusprogrammer
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Tru64 Question

Could any one tell me if there are still any versions or tru64 that are currently supported by HP.. I have been all over and my last resort should have been my first place to look. I am using Tru64 v 4.0 and am thinking about upgrading to 5.1B, But due to contract issues it has to be supported and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: car2nst2006
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64

Two part question, I was told that you can download Tru64 5.1b for free, is this true and if so where? Second part, could I load this on a XP Pro PC with vmware? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Troberts50
1 Replies

8. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

9. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies
Deck(3I)						    InterViews Reference Manual 						  Deck(3I)

NAME
Deck - a stack of interactors on top of each other SYNOPSIS
#include <InterViews/deck.h> DESCRIPTION
A deck is a scene containing interactors that are conceptually stacked on top of each other. Only one interactor is visible at a time. A deck is useful to implement ``paging'' through a document, or where only one of several similar components should be visible at a time, as in applications using alternate tool pallets or menus with alternate entries. A deck will try to stretch or shrink the visible interactor to fill the total space. The natural size of a deck is the maximum of its com- ponents. A deck uses its perspective to specify which component is visible. The components are numbered in the order in which they are inserted into the deck, starting with one. A scroller or other interactor which operates on the perspective can be used to allow a user to specify the component to view. Either horizontal or vertical scrolling can be used. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
Deck() Construct a new deck. void Insert(Interactor*) Add an interactor to the deck. void Change(Interactor*) Notify the deck that an interactor's shape has changed. If propagation is on, the deck recomputes its own shape and notifies its parent. void Remove(Interactor*) Take an interactor out of a deck. void Flip(int count = 1) void FlipTo(int position) void Top() void Bottom() Perform operations on the perspective to specify the component to view. Flip specifies the component relative to the current compo- nent. A positive value of count specifies a component nearer to the ``bottom'' of the deck (the components inserted last), and a negative value specifies a component nearer to the ``top''. FlipTo specifies a component by its absolute position in the deck. A positive value of position specifies a position from the top, starting at 1. A negative value specifies a position from the bottom, starting at -1. Top and Bottom are equivalent to FlipTo(1) and FlipTo(-1) respectively. SEE ALSO
Interactor(3I), Scene(3I), Shape(3I) InterViews 13 December 1987 Deck(3I)