Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: moving files prior to 2 days
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers moving files prior to 2 days Post 302073049 by roderashe on Tuesday 9th of May 2006 10:38:52 PM
Old 05-09-2006
When I use this for my script I get a bunch of errors. I thought I could use Xargs but I get this:

usage: mv [-f | -i | -n] [-v] source target
mv [-f | -i | -n] [-v] source ... directory

Here's my code:

find /home/pavi/logs/ -mtime +21 -exec ls {} \; | xargs mv /home/pavi

Any thoughts? Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created before Noon 2 days prior

Our nightly updates run in the evening and finish around 8am. My boss wants the current log files kept on the server for 2 days, but wants anything created before noon, 2 days prior archived. I was thinking of using touch to set a temporary file with a date of today-2 and a time of noon, then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File disk utilization for 10 days prior

Hi I have a requirement to list the files & the total disk utilization they have which are 10 prior to current date. I tried couple of options in combinations of find mtime, ctime with du -m, but no luck. Could you please help me in this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for moving 3 days old file to Archive Folder

Hi Experts, I have a "Source" folder which may contain some files. I need a shell script which should move all files which are older than 3 days to "Archive" folder. Thanks in Advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Multiple files to destination files

I am running a code like this foreach list ($tmp) mv *_${list}.txt ${chart}_${list}.txt #mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory mv *_${list}.doc ${chart}_${list}.doc #mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help in reading N days files from a Directory & combining the files

Hi All, Request your expertise in tackling one requirement in my project,(i dont have much expertise in Shell Scripting). The requirement is as below, 1) We store the last run date of a process in a file. When the batch run the next time, it should read this file, get the last run date from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with wc -l results = 1 then moving the files to another folder

Hi guys can you please help me with a script to find files with one row/1 line of content then move the file to another directory my script below runs but nothing happens to the files....Alternatively Ca I get a script to find the *.csv files with "wc -1" results = 1 then create a list of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dj Moi
5 Replies

8. AIX

Moving Hidden files to normal files

I have a bunch of hidden files in a directory in AIX. I would like to move these hidden files as regular files to another directory. Say i have the following files in directory /x .test~1234~567 .report~5678~123 .find~9876~576 i would like to move them to directory /y as test~1234~567... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: umesh.narain
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create zip/gz/tar files for if the files are older than particular days in UNIX or Linux?

I need a script file for backup (zip or tar or gz) of old log files in our unix server (causing the space problem). Could you please help me to create the zip or gz files for each log files in current directory and sub-directories also? I found one command which is to create gz file for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies
rdeliver(1)						      General Commands Manual						       rdeliver(1)

NAME
rdeliver - Ruby mail filter script SYNOPSYS
rdeliver <options> [script] DESCRIPTION
This script serves as an example of how you can use the RFilter::DeliveryAgent class to perform mail delivery. You can also use this script as a fully functioning mail filter. This script is a basic mail local delivery agent (DeliveryAgent) that can be used in place of procmail, maildrop, etc. in a user's .forward or .qmail file. The user supplies a delivery script that is written in Ruby, which avoids the limitations of the crippled mini-languages so often used in other DeliveryAgent programs. USAGE
rdeliver is invoked from the command line using: % rdeliver <options> [script] The script argument is optional. If omitted the script will look for a file called .rdeliver in the home directory. Options are: --load-path directory Prepend the given directory to ruby's load path. --log filename Log to the given filename. If no log is specified, no logging occurs. --home directory Specify the home directory. rdeliver will change to this directory before reading and writing any files. The home directory defaults to the value of the HOME or LOGDIR environment variable. DELIVERY SCRIPT
The delivery script runs in the context of a class called Deliver (in contrast, most ruby scripts run in the context of the Object class). So any methods added with def will be added to the Deliver class. A minimal delivery script would be: def main agent.save('inbox') end This code defines a Deliver#main method that saves the mail into an mbox style mailbox. The only API the Deliver script has is the #agent method. This retrieves the RFilter::DeliveryAgent object associated with the current message. Using the API of the RFilter::DeliveryAgent object, you can access and modify the message body and headers, defer or reject the message delivery, and deliver into various mailbox formats. See also RFilter::DeliveryAgent and Deliver. INSTALLATION
Assuming you have the RubyMail mail classes installed, you typically have to put something like this in your .forward file: |"/usr/bin/rdeliver --log /home/you/.rlog" This will call rdeliver for each new message you get, and log to /home/you/.rlog. CATASTROPHIC ERRORS
The rdeliver script is very careful with errors. If there is any problem, it logs the error to the log file you specify. But if you do not specify a log file, or the error occurs before the log file is opened, a record of the error is placed in a file called CATASTROPH- IC_DELIVERY_FAILURE in the home directory. If that fails, the error information is printed to the standard output in the hopes that it will be part of a bounce message. In all cases, the exit code 75 is returned, which tells the MTA to re-try the delivery again. AUTHOR
rdeliver and RFilter support classes were written by Matt Armstrong <matt@lickey.com>. This document was originally an RD format document of rdeliver script. This manual page was converted from it for Debian GNU/Linux system. September 2003 rdeliver(1)