Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: moving files prior to 2 days
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers moving files prior to 2 days Post 302073036 by gthokala on Tuesday 9th of May 2006 05:54:56 PM
Old 05-09-2006
Bug

This works for moving the files more than 2 days old (2 * 24 hours Change the number accordingly after mtime parameter)
mv `find /home/pavi/logs/*.* -mtime +2 -exec ls {} \;` /home/pavi

Gopinath

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created before Noon 2 days prior

Our nightly updates run in the evening and finish around 8am. My boss wants the current log files kept on the server for 2 days, but wants anything created before noon, 2 days prior archived. I was thinking of using touch to set a temporary file with a date of today-2 and a time of noon, then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File disk utilization for 10 days prior

Hi I have a requirement to list the files & the total disk utilization they have which are 10 prior to current date. I tried couple of options in combinations of find mtime, ctime with du -m, but no luck. Could you please help me in this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for moving 3 days old file to Archive Folder

Hi Experts, I have a "Source" folder which may contain some files. I need a shell script which should move all files which are older than 3 days to "Archive" folder. Thanks in Advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Multiple files to destination files

I am running a code like this foreach list ($tmp) mv *_${list}.txt ${chart}_${list}.txt #mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory mv *_${list}.doc ${chart}_${list}.doc #mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help in reading N days files from a Directory & combining the files

Hi All, Request your expertise in tackling one requirement in my project,(i dont have much expertise in Shell Scripting). The requirement is as below, 1) We store the last run date of a process in a file. When the batch run the next time, it should read this file, get the last run date from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with wc -l results = 1 then moving the files to another folder

Hi guys can you please help me with a script to find files with one row/1 line of content then move the file to another directory my script below runs but nothing happens to the files....Alternatively Ca I get a script to find the *.csv files with "wc -1" results = 1 then create a list of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dj Moi
5 Replies

8. AIX

Moving Hidden files to normal files

I have a bunch of hidden files in a directory in AIX. I would like to move these hidden files as regular files to another directory. Say i have the following files in directory /x .test~1234~567 .report~5678~123 .find~9876~576 i would like to move them to directory /y as test~1234~567... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: umesh.narain
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create zip/gz/tar files for if the files are older than particular days in UNIX or Linux?

I need a script file for backup (zip or tar or gz) of old log files in our unix server (causing the space problem). Could you please help me to create the zip or gz files for each log files in current directory and sub-directories also? I found one command which is to create gz file for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies
createhomedir(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  createhomedir(1)

NAME
createhomedir -- create and populate home directories on the local computer. SYNOPSIS
createhomedir [-scbalh] [-n directoryDomainName] [-u username] DESCRIPTION
createhomedir provides several options for creating and populating home directories. OPTIONS
-s creates home directories for server home paths only (default). -c creates home directories for local home paths only. -b creates home directories for both server and local home paths. -a creates home directories for users defined in all directory domains of the server's search path. -l creates home directories for users defined in the local directory domain. -n directoryDomainName creates home directories for users defined in a specific directory domain in the server's search path. -u username creates a home directory for a specific user defined in the domain(s) identified in the -a, -l, or -n parameter. If you omit the -a, -l, and -n parameters when you use the -u parameter, -a is assumed. -i reads username list from standard input and creates specified home directories. Each username should be on its own line. -h usage help. FILES
/usr/sbin/createhomedir location of tool CAVEATS
When using the -a option, search limits of various directory servers (such as Open Directory or Active Directory) can prevent all possible home directories from being created. In this case, you may need to specify the usernames explicitly. Mac OS X June 1, 2019 Mac OS X